No announcement yet.

Something for nothing,make do and mend

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic milk cartons cut to make scoops for compost, bird seed etc.
    Plastic caps used to repair/patch other plastic containers (watering cans)
    Ring pull (you need to be able to remove the base with a can opener) cans, replace lid with the base and you have a pop out pot for plants
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
      Good thread LD.

I also use clean shirts to wipe shelves, worktops and various other things, OH isn't always happy with that as I am usually wearing the shirt at the time
      Do you go sideways or is it more of a pulling your shirt towards what needs cleaning, either way it's genius I've only gone so far as to dry my hands on my clothes whilst wearing them

Comment

I use my grand children’s old vests when they have out grown them as painting rags for cleaning painting utensils etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chillithyme View Post
          Do you go sideways or is it more of a pulling your shirt towards what needs cleaning, either way it's genius I've only gone so far as to dry my hands on my clothes whilst wearing them
          Rary..you need to answer that hehehehe
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Save yourselves from getting your eyes poked out by popping empty drinks bottles over the end of exposed canes.. Shop bought plastic protectors are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
              Save yourselves from getting your eyes poked out by popping empty drinks bottles over the end of exposed canes.. Shop bought plastic protectors are expensive
              Also very good for supporting nets when throwing them over, I also use old drinks cans for the same purpose

Comment

I wash and keep a few plastic drinks bottles, and if I have gravy left over I put it into the bottle and freeze for some night when I don’t have time to make gravy. I do the same when making bone stock and freeze that.
                The only downside is if you forget to take it out to defrost the night get before trying to defrost in the microwave can be tricky as you need to loosen the cap to allow for expansion

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                  I do the same with used drinks cans. The first time my sister saw and heard them (a breezy day) she thought I'd done it for scaring the birds.......dual purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by chillithyme View Post
                    Depends on what has to be wiped (I always wear long-sleeved shirts) for a liquid spill on a worktop,, place forearm on worktop and wipe away from body, for spillage of powder, rice etc. Place forearm on worktop and holding a receptical, bin bag or whatever, wipe toward body. Most important that you guide the spilled material to the catchment area or you go into using socks to wipe/kick into corner or anywhere else out of sight of hawkeye, sorry OH. For spillage on cupboard shelves, pull shirt cuff down to over most of your hand and repeat the same procedure as wiping worktop.nb. make sure you get into the corners and edges or there will be further moans at a later date
                    ps. If the shirt is badly marked remove and immediately place in washing machine, or hide in corner until an appropriate moment
                    This is like writing a works procedure and of course it is more for the meek half of a partnership
                    I was going to put the downtrodden half of a partnership, but I am feart the OH reads it
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Depends on what has to be wiped (I always wear long-sleeved shirts) for a liquid spill on a worktop,, place forearm on worktop and wipe away from body, for spillage of powder, rice etc. Place forearm on worktop and holding a receptical, bin bag or whatever, wipe toward body. Most important that you guide the spilled material to the catchment area or you go into using socks to wipe/kick into corner or anywhere else out of sight of hawkeye, sorry OH. For spillage on cupboard shelves, pull shirt cuff down to over most of your hand and repeat the same procedure as wiping worktop.nb. make sure you get into the corners and edges or there will be further moans at a later date
                      ps. If the shirt is badly marked remove and immediately place in washing machine, or hide in corner until an appropriate moment
                      This is like writing a works procedure and of course it is more for the meek half of a partnership
                      I was going to put the downtrodden half of a partnership, but I am feart the OH reads it
                      Gives a new interpretation to :- "she wiped the floor with me", very Zen :-)

Comment

Depends on what has to be wiped ...
                        Rary I will have to right down your careful instructions on my arm with a biro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X