Clear All

Originally posted by MyWifesBrassicas View Post
    This is my gardening wear
    You are welcome over to mine for a cup of tea

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      You are welcome over to mine for a cup of tea
      Thank you.
      But just so your not disappointed, it might come as a huge surprise, my hair is a little more grey these day's
      sigpic

Comment

H
        Originally posted by muckdiva View Post
        Sling back wellies?

Seriously though, at the moment...jeans, neoprene wellies (best thing ever to keep feet warm), body warmer and ancient fleece - and baseball cap to keep slightly drier. In the summer it was shorts, flip flops and sun top to stock up on vitamin D!
        I have a pair of Dunlop wellies, but I have a little pair of felt booties that I wear inside them in the cold weather, bought them last year in the snow. The boots are a 1/2 sizer larger than they need to be to accommodate these booties. I will take a photo of them tomorrow and post a picture they keep your feet warm liketoast.

Comment

For colder months.. Combat trousers, walking boots, two old jumpers and a flat cap. Sometimes a fleece jacket. The trousers were bought specifically for gardening, they have plenty of room for bending, are tough and don't show the dirt.
          Summer it's tee shirt, shorts and sandals. The sandals always have a proper sole to protect from sharps.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I forgot my most important garment - when I put it on even the dogs know that I mean business in the garden!!
            Its a Cornish Fisherman's smock that is at least 45 years old, to my knowledge. Heavy duty ?sailcloth, 2 big pockets for string and secateurs, seed packets, beans, apples etc. This was my husband's smock, I have another one but it doesn't have any pockets so not so useful for carrying "stuff".

Comment

I find M&S woollen long johns invaluable as the cords demoted to garden duty are a bit thin.

One thing I won't do again is use string instead of a belt. My shorts were on the large side and my hands were full and there was an unceremonious unveiling. Fortunately there were no witnesses!
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Wellies. Monkey hat. Tracksuit bottoms or old jeans.
                Always long sleeves summer and winter as I have an allergy to some insect bites. And smelly insect repellant that makes the muck heap smell sweet in comparison.
                When fully rigged up I look a bit eccentric/ worzel gummige like. Always dressed like this when first meet the Young Muck Lovers boy or girlfriends. It’s like a test.

Comment

Cargo pants, short wellies or leather boots, old tee shirt, old sweater. I have a problem with shoes in general but boots in particular. I have size 4 shoes but usually have to buy a larger size as my feet are short and square and have a high instep. Getting my foot round the "corner" of a boot is difficult. The last boots have finally after 14 years given up the ghost so I bought new and had to take them to the cobblers to get them stretched even though I bought a size bigger to accommodate socks.

For really cold weather I have this coat. I love it. It came from Dorothy Perkins more than 30 years ago. It's tatty. The outside is corduroy and the lining is padded. It has a hood, a zip and toggles up the front, elastic round the cuffs and cords to protect from blizzards. It has lots of pockets. I have relegated it to garden wear but admit to wearing out in really, really cold weather because I've never found any other coat to match it for protection from really icy conditions.
                  Last edited by JanieB; 29-11-2019, 04:48 PM.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by muck lover View Post
                    Wellies. Monkey hat. Tracksuit bottoms or old jeans.
                    Always long sleeves summer and winter as I have an allergy to some insect bites. And smelly insect repellant that makes the muck heap smell sweet in comparison.
                    When fully rigged up I look a bit eccentric/ worzel gummige like. Always dressed like this when first meet the Young Muck Lovers boy or girlfriends. It’s like a test.
                    I have been referred to in Winter as the Yeti!

Comment

Just remembered, for footwear go for steel toe caps.

Not only can save toes, they save cash as they are VAT free.
                      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X