No announcement yet.

Where do you shop? And why?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mostly online either because people tend to annoy me in shops or I struggle to find what I actually want. I shop with a purpose rather than browsing. I am using fleabay and that other one less and less as I am annoyed that stuff that is meant to be UK isn't and doesn't meet any standards and it is sooooo often now. Living in a farty little village I can justify paying p+p direct to suppliers.

I use to enjoy a proper days shopping but I stopped as I seemed to achieve so little and people seem to have less interest in other people. Bleurgh! rant over

Comment

We live in the countryside and for convenience it's a weekly or fortnightly food shop online delivered by Sainsburys supplemented with odds and sods from whichever Co-Op i drive past on the way home.

For big/expensive purchases it's nearly always online. I might pick it up at local store but will always compare prices online and if possible get John Lewis to price match it.

Chicken feed is from a farm around the corner, decent meat for special occasions is from a fantastic butcher (sawdust on the floor, the best customer service i have had anywhere and really good quality meat), seeds online or nearby chain nursery.

My wife buys clothes for her and the kids online and there's an Amazon delivery on an almost daily basis.

And i buy tools and man toys (petrol powered fence post driver was the latest one) off ebay and if possible, buy secondhand.
      Last edited by Stan79; 03-12-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

There’s a co-op really close,just over the field from me I go to & a Tesco five minute drive for a main shop. I’m avoiding Sainsbury’s because of the GMO potato trails they’re doing in our country (this hasn’t been spoken about? John innes centre & others have also been given consent by the government?). For Christmas presents I try & buy what I can in town but there’s not much choice,I usually go out of town to bigger towns nearby & lakeside shopping centre for some variety like clothes shops & Lush etc
        Last edited by Jungle Jane; 03-12-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X