Bad news - and a "take care out there peeps" message

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rary View Post
    I hope everything goes well for your FiL today nick, also you need to take care of yourself as a flu that seems to linger can lead to some serious problems
    But you are so right the older people need to take care as they don't recover as quickly as us younger folk do (VC take note) though we need to be careful also
    Thanks very much for that rary - and I see what VC means though "tous les deux avoir le béguin" if my extremely rusty French is anywhere near :-)

Comment

All the twos have a bonnet? or in rary's case another oddly named thing on his head, ?teacosy??

PS I failed French O level. Je suis une flop a Francais!!

Comment

My very rusty french had you having a crush on each other! BUT it is extremely rusty!

Comment

No no, just concerned for the elderly or, preoccupation pour les personnes agees
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

And don't look for any more French, I have a big enough problem with English
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I work at the hospital on the orthopaedic wards so I see a lot of people with broken bone(eg hips, legs ect)
              Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                So sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I work at the hospital on the orthopaedic wards so I see a lot of people with broken bone(eg hips, legs ect)
                thanks very much - its not so much the injury itself as his other health problems and having a serious operation

George Bernard Shaw who died on November 2, 1950, at the age of 94 while he was working on his next play - cause of death he was badly hurt when he fell from a ladder while pruning a tree, in his garden and died of complications from the injury a few days later

so if you are a nonagenarian, Nobel Prize Laureate you might want to grow your fruit on dwarfing root-stocks, so you can prune them from the ground :-)

Comment

^^^^ I liked that one Nick, VC take note

Comment

Yesterday Dad had the surgery on his hip - and was still talking when Irina saw him later (even though it was gibberish :-)

So that's very good news - we will get more details today

And tomorrow we have the builders in here - they are replacing the glass roof of our conservatory with a solid insulated one with 2 veluxes in it.

Comment

Excellent news, Nick. They'll have him back on his feet in a couple of days.

Comment

Great news Nick,all the best
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

That’s great news Nic, soon have your father in law scampering round like a spring lamb.

Comment

Hopefully Nick it wont be long until they're both back at home
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Great news, may the recovery be fast
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Hopefully Nick it wont be long until they're both back at home
                                Irina is back and forward everyday, she works in Gloucester, so she can call in to work as well, to keep in touch and make sure any jobs she does regularly are covered etc. No idea what will happen with her Dad at the moment - he might make it through and be home here again next week say, or he might not - just have to take it one day at a time .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X