• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bramble View Post
    Dried apricots are lovely to snack on.
    Dried banana slices are lovely and crunchy

Comment

I've not got a sweet tooth but a bit of something at the end of a meal is nice if I want something not savory. I'm a dark choc fan and my other half got me a 90% coco solid slab from hotel chocolat recently. It's not the cheapest choc in the world but the amount I want to quench my rich pudding craving isnt much as the taste lasts a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Philthy View Post
        Mr Kipling French Fancies
        I bought some of these a while ago and they taste of nothing but sugar. I can only taste sugar. I complained to them loudly, as I used to really enjoy the sponge in the fancies, but it's all very bland and sugary these days. Cheaper to make them that way I suppose, but I will never buy them again.
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Can the Man View Post
          Dried banana slices are lovely and crunchy
          I used to give my kids frozen banana chunks when they were little! They still love them!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Well, I looked up 'piece' to see what I might find. Leaving aside the vulgar definition recorded in Merriam Webster, I discovered it means a 'sandwich' in Scottish English, according to the Cambridge dictionary. So, a sandwich in butter and jam...? Isn't that a bit extravagant? A sandwich with filling on the inside and then more on the outside? I'm also having difficulty envisaging how cheese stays stuck to the outside, unless the blackcurrant jam is like glue.

Or is there some other definition I haven't found?
            Put a slice of bread onto a plate and spread it with butter then take a spoonful of jam and cover the butter with the jam then cover this with an other slice of bread, this then gives you a piece of butter and jam, or you can cover the butter with sliced cheese then apply the blackcurrent jam to the cheese the cover with the second slice of bread. That's the way you should do it, I find the first space on the kitchen worktop spread the butter and jam cover with the other slice of bread then walk away leaving crumbs and jam over it he worktop, I always intend going back to tidy up but OH usually beats me to it, I think its just so that she has something to moan about
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Don't you put butter on the top piece of bread too?
              ...............or does it cost too much

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Don't you put butter on the top piece of bread too?
                ...............or does it cost too much
                No you don't put butter on the top slice of bread, but you need to know that the original piece was made with what I know as plane bread not thriving pan bread that dominates nowadays, you spread butter and jam on half of a slice of plain bread then folded the other half over on top
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Should have added that cost never comes in to the equation when I do things, but surely you know that

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    the original piece was made with what I know as plane bread not thriving pan bread that dominates nowadays,
                    Just when I think I understand you, you throw some more strange words into the conversation.

Comment

Should read "not that pan bread that dominates nowadays" but you should try Scottish plain bread VC as I remember the chickens loved it when you throw them crumbs

Comment

Well if we’re bringing bread into the equation....what about french toast with lashings of maple syrup, totally decadent!
                        All at once I hear your voice
                        And time just slips away
                        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X