No announcement yet.

What is in your shed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is in my shed, when I am down the allotment?

My kids. They are playing with (rearranging) bits of gardening gadgetry, playing with their painted rocks and squabbling over who gets to wind the wind-up radio. They are also playing with the mini play sandpit they are not supposed to play with in the shed because the whole shed turns into a sandpit.

Also BBQ charcoal for dinner down the allotment.

The big tools (spade, hoe, watering can, hose etc) just lie around the plot or in/on the compost heap, wherever they were last used...

Comment

Big shed/Summerhouse, which is supposed to be my she-shed for my hobbies, is full of stuff to finish doing up my house, plus a garden arch and a poly tunnel that I bought 3 years ago. Small shed meant for garden things, apart from a few garden tools, is mostly full of cardboard boxes that I saved for a project that I haven’t started yet.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

Simply too much stuff!
        Moved plots a couple of years ago and got a bigger shed - but it still got full up. TBH a lot of it is cardboard which I'll put on the beds over winter - but until then it's always in the way

Comment

Big summerhouse is now a big model railway house lol, I dismantled the one in the loft, it really wasn't suitable for access and I am now building a new one for me and the grandsons to play with if it's raining.

Comment

lots of stuff I inherited with the plot.
            some highlights:
            a bag of tea towels?
            plastic orange pedestrian netting (the sort that usually adorns roadworks)
            a bag of CDs (all the same CD)
            lots of plastic pots
            several cigarette lighters
            a bottle opener (on a nail - sensible chap)
            cable ties
            Lots of tools
            Lots of old post sacks and a post-office body-warmer (I'm hoping the PO was a postie and not a bank-robber...) .

The site consensus was that I could have not paid the previous owner for the contents, but I feel a lot better for doing it.

Burnie - if you are doing a railway in a conservatory, do be mindful of the heat/bleaching effects of all the sunlight in there.

My little one loves my dad's model railway, so I wish you many happy hours of using it with the grandkids...
            Last edited by bikermike; 31-07-2019, 09:07 AM. Reason: forgot a bit

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post

Burnie - if you are doing a railway in a conservatory, do be mindful of the heat/bleaching effects of all the sunlight in there.

My little one loves my dad's model railway, so I wish you many happy hours of using it with the grandkids...
              Thanks, it's in a wooden summer house, still gets a bit warm, but with blinds, no direct sunlight

Comment

I had a shed clear out a few weeks back my son helped me rearrange everything according to his way, now I can find nothing except the big stuff.
                Ride on lawnmower, rotovator, petrol strimmer, garden shredder, 3 kids bikes, ladder, bench, tools, welding plant, assorted paints and thinners, wild bird feed, big tug of war rope, fuel cans.
                Last edited by Can the Man; 31-07-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Mine has got a nice plush chair to sit in when it's raining, a nice chunky old potting bench, lots of lovingly restored vintage tools, a Belfast sink with a big bar of French soap, and a big box of neatly arranged seed packets, twine in a pretty tin, tea kettle and cake tin, and a little mouse called Eddie who tidies up crumbs and dropped seeds so I never need to use my nice dustpan and brush.

Then again, I am the Queen of Sheba....

(I have no shed)....*SIGH*

Comment

Chickens .
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2385077

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse