How do I get rid of adverts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get rid of adverts

How can I stop the advert for GL coming up constantly when I try to close it it comes up full screen I know advertising is required for running the Web site but this advert is the most annoying thing as it is spoiling the pleasure of the Vine
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

What is GL Rary?
    He-Pep!

Comment

The liquid gold advert used to drive me mad. Every time I clicked on post, if the button wasn't somewhere in the top half of the page, their website would open.

Comment

The X to close the ad is fractionally above the "Click Here" for more information. Sneaky

I use an Adblocker so I only see the ads when I first log in to the forum, then they disappear.

Comment

The problem for me is that you have to hit that x exactly, not below and definitely not above either, by almost a whole inch! The reach of that advert is putting me off the product.
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't think anyone would pay for a product called Liquid Gold.

Comment

I keep getting this annoying ad for ‘Bite Away’ which basically looks like a female sex toy if you know what I mean.

Comment

The ads will be pay per click so that’s why they aren’t going anywhere fast as they make gyo more cash.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Yups ad blocker is the way to go. I use Adblock plus.

Comment

If they're paying per view, they'll have had loads of mistaken clicks just off me! Like Sarriss says, the reach of that advert is enormous.

Comment

Unfortunately rary if we want to continue spending time with all the wonderful people we’ve met on the vine we have to suffer the hellish torment of these ******g adverts.
                      I’m well aware adds are needed to fund the site. But 2 adds full length of the site down the sides, 2 more down the right side, 4 across the top, 1 in the banner, 1 between EVERY post and the really annoying 1 that pops up at the bottom when you first sign in (you know the one, it’s open and close buttons are so close you can’t help opening it sometimes). Is quite frankly hacking the ar$e out of it.

I’ll say no more on the subject!

Comment

I resize the window down from full screen so that only the main posts show. That way most of the adverts are not displayed down the sides and the important posters text shows up clearly.
                        I appreciate that adverts/sponsers etc. are a fact of life for a commercial organisation that provides this facility for free.

Comment

ublock origin or similar ad blocker on computer gets rid of most -= but the one at the bottom is a b***er to hide. not sure of the adbloking available to ipad...

I might actually put this on my network (its a little bit techy I suppose)
                          https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/pi-hole-raspberry-pi/
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I don’t mind the side ads now,I’ve got used to them it just looks like a pattern but that banner ad at the bottom of the page with the ‘x’ to close the ad,I’ve clicked on it about twenty times a second,I forgot you have to touch right on the ‘x’ that gets rid of it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                              I don’t mind the side ads now,I’ve got used to them it just looks like a pattern but that banner ad at the bottom of the page with the ‘x’ to close the ad,I’ve clicked on it about twenty times a second,I forgot you have to touch right on the ‘x’ that gets rid of it thanks
                              Exactly. And every click, accidental or not, earns money.

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X