Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the oldest/youngest vine participant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    So methinks we have Lottidolly at one end of the spectrum and Chrissyteacup at tuther? Unless you know different of course?. Congrats to both btw!
    I bet there are some older,just not declaring it,no shame in it,just goes to show and prooves,one is NEVER to old,only that bit slower,so come on own up,it also shows new peeps,that age is definatly no barrier,there,i said it.
    Last edited by Nicos; 26-06-2019, 02:46 PM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Alright, I'll come clean, I'm 72.
      I think there are a few of us around the 70 mark, and, as you say Lottie, Age is no barrier when it comes to gardening and to most things in life.
      My only regret is that they've stopped asking me my age when I buy wine.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I think there are a few of us around the 70 mark, and, as you say Lottie, Age is no barrier when it comes to gardening and to most things in life.

If we went on 'post count' you would win hands down!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

VC you have to count your school years as well
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I am 54, but there's times I feel like 84. But since starting this backyard gardening I am starting to feel a little better mentally. But physically. Naahh :O

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Riga View Post
              I must be younger than the pair of you as they were being phased out when I was at school and slide rules/log tables were used for difficult sums.
              Sorry Mark, my mother told me about those I never used one

Anyway age is just a frame of mind
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Does this make me the baby of the group at being 30??????
                Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                  Does this make me the baby of the group at being 30??????
                  Up until now it does Carrie!

I am over twice your age!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Shucks Carrie you’ve got be beaten- I knew I couldn’t be the youngest!!

Comment

My husband is 89. He'll be 90 later this year. I am quite a few years younger. We have 2 allotments and our doctor has told us to keep going with our allotments. Under no circumstances give them up.

Comment

I just turned 75 last month.
                        I still do all the gardening and digging.
                        So I will just keep on going.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

VC please refer to chatback 17 thread and post number 2261

Now there's a person who is very good at assessing people

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                            VC please refer to chatback 17 thread and post number 2261

Now there's a person who is very good at assessing people
                            Obviously another wise head on young shoulders Rary..
                            Whoever it is you are talking about
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I’m 63 about to turn 64 next month
                              Hubby is 71
                              Both enjoying life in the garden
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

VC you must also add the years you were at school

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X