No announcement yet.

Bed-numbering/naming?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<sigh> I obviously have no imagination, each bed is a,b,c... As I kinda do square metre/ no dig each bed is made up of 9 blocks.

Thinking I may go with VC style labelling to help him indoors find the right spot to go cut some chives. (K1 if you really want to know!)

Now I just sound like a real saddo. I don't think that I am going to admit to having a map with the garden plan on a clip board in the green house. Nope not me
    V.P.
    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

It's great what you learn on some threads

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      I have named areas
      Why do people number/name individual beds? Does it make planning easier?
      Now that might be a good idea, planning, never thought of that

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      This is why I "name" mine .................https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ned_89073.html
      First published in 2016 as a guide for me and I still have no idea how she operates her garden

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      ^Maybe I would number mine, then, if I were better organised. Hmm. I'll have to think about this.
      Originally posted by bikermike View Post
      I name (well, number) for record-keeping, it's easier to have some consistency to keep records (well it was until i lost my book...).
      The two quotes above make me wonder if I should organise and keep records, but no doubt I would have the same problem as bikermike but on a daily basis
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post

Now I just sound like a real saddo. I don't think that I am going to admit to having a map with the garden plan on a clip board in the green house. Nope not me
        How did you know I have a map on a cllpboard?? Its in the kitchen, not the GH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garden Plan.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	2383929

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87167[/ATTACH]
          It's also a map of the ice flows between Alaska and Russia.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

makes me think a dinosaur fossil, embedded in the rock.
            Actually, that's an old map and its been revised since I took the photo. It won't be much use if you need to find your way round the garden as some beds have been amalgamated and others split, so you may end up down a blind alley.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87167[/ATTACH]
              What are grape onions VC, and I am surprised that you have your composting area so far from your chickens, no as I put that down I realise why it's a good idea, it helps keep you mobile and that important at your age
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Name:	100_0717.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	2383930

If you come to visit me, rary, this is the current map which matches the days of the month.
                Today, for example, as its the 5th of June, you'll find me in Bed 5E.

Of course, if I knew you were coming, I'd be hiding in the chicken run.
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-06-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Now I have taken over the neigbouring plot I've re numbered them all based on the new layout

Name:	2019 Plot 1 and 1A White on Black 2.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	2383932
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

*Abases herself before Cadalot's CAD plan...*

I have two. One in the kitchen, one in the tool box on the plot. They're both laminated.

(this is an unlaminated, straight from PC version)

Name:	Plot 2019.jpg
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	2383988

*walks away whistling innocently*

Comment

Heh. I just realised the only thing NOT on the plan is the bed numbers/names... The only thing I can actually remember!

Comment

CADs, lamination, wall posters! - I am suddenly thinking that 1. I am under achieving some how and 2. winter is just too long...
                        V.P.
                        The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

I think we're just champion procrastinators, Vegi potager... ;-) At least, I know I am.

Comment

My bed plan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Seeing as we're sharing planting plans here's mine.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2384041
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...