No announcement yet.

Reliance on technology.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, today was yet another trip without the satnav. Leeds this time. Nightmare!!! A suburb well the other side of Leeds to be exact. Getting to Leeds was easy. It wasn't even too bad finding the place I wanted, but getting home a different story. A sudden lack of meaningful road signs. Fortunately my internal satnav was not doing too badly. When I got to one junction and said to my husband "It must be left here" and he said " No, right " I knew I was going the right way because he can always find the longest routes and most meandering shortcuts. However a new satnav is definitely on the shopping list.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
      Like you, I love proper maps. I can sit and look at them for hours. But on this last point, if you navigate using Google Maps it knows where all the traffic jams are as they happen and will redirect you on the fly. It's astonishingly good. Last week it steered me away from a 90 minute traffic jam on the M25 due to a van on fire. It got me to the golf course in good time for my game
      Yep! Same here. I was thankful for using my phone when I needed to drop my boys off someplace via the motorway and get back to go out myself. My phone took me off the motorway and down a load of country lanes. I would have been stuck for hours if I hadn't been using my phone.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 19-04-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X