No announcement yet.

How do you participate in dreams

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams are the ultimate "holodeck" like on Star Trek.
    If you could totally control them it might be quite dangerous as you wouldn't want to wake up.
    Or parhaps reality if just another level of dreaming.
    Something like "The Matrix"
    Hmm shouldn't think too deeply.
    Jimmy
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

I tried the notebook & pen by the bed but found that when I was sufficiently awake to write anything, I was awake enough to forget the dream. Then tried using a hand-held dictating machine (maybe mobile phones would do it now, with voice record) and that was more successful as I could be only half-awake and still do it - although a lot of the time it was incoherent mumblings. Also it's a bit antisocial if you don't sleep alone.

Oh and I am generally an active participant in my dreams although I am not always me, if you know what I mean. I can be either gender and have been of different race too.
      Last edited by Mitzi; 27-03-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Its a fascinating subject.

has anyone dropped off the edge of a footpath, lost your footing and jumped a mile, with an involatary kick.

Comment

I've fallen off a cliff a few times and as I'm about to hit the ground have woken to find myself mid-bounce on the bed...
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by keat63 View Post
            Its a fascinating subject.

has anyone dropped off the edge of a footpath, lost your footing and jumped a mile, with an involatary kick.
            That's called a hypnic jerk.

Comment

I do both and always in colour. Sometimes I'm in a dream watching myself walk somewhere or whatever then other times it's me doing something. I also have had a few dreams when in the actual dream I believe I'm dreaming it all then I decide I'm not until I wake up afterwards! I've gone up in the air and flown around by self-levitating, and travelled over 30 miles in a couple of minutes by putting one foot on the ground and I rise in the air then the other foot lands a few miles later on. It's quite an exhilarating experience. Dreams fascinate me too.
              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

I’ve often in the past dreamt about flying. How I hoisted my self up in the first place I can’t remember. I would love to dream about my late OH, but it only happpened once, and in it he was a very ethereal shadow of himself. I often have dreams with my ex in them. When we were young and in love. Very much “Darling buds of May”. Last nights dream was vivid enough for me to remember. Quite boring really. I had a job sorting out an accounting problem and was enjoying it. Sounds boring but earned my living problem resolving.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

Trying to find my old place of work last night. worried that I was late for clocking in.
                  Bearing in mind it closed in 1993, so I've no idea why I was trying to get there on time.
                  Strangely, whilst I knew what I was looking for and why, I've no idea why I was looking where I was.

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                    I’ve often in the past dreamt about flying. How I hoisted my self up in the first place I can’t remember. I would love to dream about my late OH, but it only happpened once, and in it he was a very ethereal shadow of himself. I often have dreams with my ex in them. When we were young and in love. Very much “Darling buds of May”. Last nights dream was vivid enough for me to remember. Quite boring really. I had a job sorting out an accounting problem and was enjoying it. Sounds boring but earned my living problem resolving.
                    I have a recurring flying dream too. I just stroll up into the air. It usually revolves around being lost or forgetting where I parked the car.

A mate at work had a dream about my allotment a couple of years ago. We had a hosepipe ban and he was hanging off the gate shouting and swearing at me for using my hose. He said he woke up felling really angry.
                    Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X