Happy Birthday Nicos

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many happy returns of the day lass,hope your having a holiday,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hope you have a great day, Nicos.

Comment

A huge elefant sized Happy Birthday from me.
        I hope you have a wonderful giggly day.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Happy Birthday to youuuuu

Comment

Oops, sorry I missed it Belated happy birthday, hope you had a great day xx
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Sorry, belated Happy Birthday from me. ��
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

And from me... Happy Birthday and thanks for the carrot seeds from the snow competition!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	254467_3d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	2382658

Merry belated wotsits, Nicos.

Comment

Many happies yesterday and in the future Nicos.
                    Hope you had a good one..
                    Last edited by Tripmeup; 13-03-2019, 10:38 PM.
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

Yey!!!!

And many belated thanks for my birthday wishes

I did indeed have a fantastic birthday...it was a choice ( weather dependant) on feeding a herd of reindeer from a ski-do and trailer or ice fishing.
                      Being only 40 km south of the Arctic Circle was an incredible experience!

The Sami ( nomadic Lap) specifically kept his herd nearby so we could go and help, so we went the day before my birthday so he could move on the next day.
                      I honestly think it was one of the most moving experiences in my life. There must have been about 1,000 reindeer following us about clamouring to get to the frozen haylage and the refilled troughs of feed pellets.(the snow was about 10 feet deep and the moss they usually eat was frozen under a layer of ice which had formed due to the warmer weather a couple of weeks earlier.)
                      Flying around on a ski-doo actually being able to stroke some of them on their faces( the white ones apparently tend to be more friendly ) They really are so sweet and gentle!...awww!
                      He was so grateful for our help he gave me a couple of antlers for my birthday gift and some of his reindeer meat.
                      On my birthday we went ice fishing.
                      The locals between them made it a very special day. Someone lent us a special trailer towed behind a skidoo for us ladies to sit in, someone else went out and bored about 6 ice holes in the lake for us to fish through( 1 metre thick ice covered with thick snow) , someone else lent us their cabin which had a woodstove inside where we ate reindeer stew ( yummy , but a bit weird having spent the day with some the previous day) and a special Princess Cake which is a typical green creamy sponge cake for birthdays.
                      Candles and the Swedish version of 'Happy Birthday' was sung to me and we tucked into the cake...then the snow started to fall very heavily and we headed back. No fish were caught, but that really didn't matter to me.

We stayed with friends for one of the weeks we were away, covering my birthday , and they prepared so many traditional dishes, cooking mostly outside on a special wood fire.
                      Needless to say I looked like mitchelin man most of the time and came back almost a stone heavier
                      But boy...what an experience!

And then to come back on here and see my birthday wishes!...thank you all so much xxxx
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Wow that sounds like a fantastic experience Nicos, I would have enjoyed that too. Stuff memories are made of.

Happy belated birthday btw. x

Comment

Happy Birthday Nicos,
                            Happy Birthday Nicos,
                            No more woooorrrrdddds,
                            As I’m at a loss.
                            I hope you and yours have a lovely day with sunshine and sniggers.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X