You Hoo........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely said, Sarriss.

Never mind the gardening "umbrella", we're like one big family here and most of us have issues of some sort. We don't have to share them but, just knowing that there are friends and supporters here, can be enough to give you that virtual hug you need to carry on.

Keep on growing.

Comment

Welcome back Lumpy!
      Time for cream cakes all round :-)

Comment

Delighted to see you back Lumpy..

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Yippppeeee!....Lumpy is back in the building
          ...and such a relief....we were very concerned about you, and the bold heffalump that you are, you've grabbed the problem and set about sorting it out.
          Well done lass, it couldn't have been easy for you xxxx

We're here if you need any shoulders in the future
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

And welcome back from me as well. Missed you

Comment

Ancient Chinese proverb: every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
              You go girl.

Comment

Welcome back. You are braver than me admitting to your issues and that is one hell of a step. Just don't you go disappearing on us again no matter what.

Comment

Welcome back Lumpers
                  sigpic
                  1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Welcome back to our Creative Director. You’ll be alright lass. Having hit the bottle big time when my Brian died I know where you are. I still drink but no longer to excess. It hasn’t half helped my finances!
                    Last edited by JanieB; 19-02-2019, 09:32 AM.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Welcome back Lumpy, haven't been here much either recently but glad to see you back!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Lumpy. I've missed you too! Ok, it's MT's time to confess that due to various emotional and personal issues including chronic depression over many years, I was well down that road (as in 2 bottles of wine a day) but my dear niece pointed it out to my OH who, after telling me how it was affecting my moods etc, contacted my two dear friends and my niece. They all came round that same day to give me big hugs, mopped up my tears, and offered me any help they could give to make me better. My lovely GP did some liver tests and one component was rather raised - oops! Since then it's been a really hard road with lots of slippery surfaces but my liver tests are back to normal now. I once got down to having only a drink at the weekend but this Xmas rather put me out of synch. I've tried various methods to cut down including adding water but measuring half a bottle was so unemotional it didn't work. I try to get to 2pm before having a nip of vino but I don't always succeed. I still have a couple of problems to contend with but they are not my own demons as such; it's more a case of finding how my own mind works, what triggers there are and how to deal with them without attaching any self-blame on me when I fall. Good luck Lumpy, and never ever beat yourself up because you went a bit astray. Don't we all in some way, and it's usually the strongest ones who do.
                        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Good to see you back Lumpster

Comment

Nice to have you back lumpster!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Ms T - at the start the alcohol just numbed my desperation as I knew that I was going to watch the love of my life slowly vanish. Later it became my way of stopping my brain from thinking so I could sleep.

Now I’m still thinking but at least sleep naturally. I realised that there is nothing I can do except get on with what amounts to a grieving process.

Be proud of your self.

I’ve put my new email address onto the Vine so if anybody needs a bit of a private chat it’s there
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Yay Lumpy!

Good on you, girl, welcome home!

Sounds like the battle is already half won, so be proud of your courage and strength while we all celebrate having you back again.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X