No announcement yet.

The what makes you happy thread 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As we were on our way out to a nearby town, there was a beautiful red squirrel in the middle of the dirt track. Lovely tufty ears and a gorgeous coat with a very dark tail. Mr Snoop saw him (no idea why he decided the squirrel is a he, but there you go) yesterday in exactly the same spot and says he has a black face. Must be a youngster moving into new territory of his own. Not got much sense, sitting in the middle of the road. Anyway, that was a gorgeous sight on the way out.

And on the way back, the Pyrenees. 150 miles away or so, I think, and clear as daylight. Not easy to see for much of the year, but they're covered in snow and are really impressive at the moment.

And in between, the easiest car purchase I've ever made and even really nice people at the insurance broker's, even though we didn't take out a policy.

Comment

Goldfinches on the Verbena bonariensis seed heads.
      First time I've seen them this year About 10 of them swinging from the flowers, weighting the heads down. Two on a stem would bring the stem right down. almost to ground level.
      Its worth growing verbena for the birds, and the flowers are equally delightful.

Comment

Big birds and little birds bird bathing in the birdbath after I had just refreshed it with warm water. They do like a warm bath you know!

I aint no twitcher so have no idea which birds they were.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Having my spelling corrected by my 7yr old Great granddaughter. I sent her the Wellie Boot socks and she sent me a Thank you message correcting the Wellies to wellys. She must have been doing plurals at school, at least she is taking notice!!!
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Getting a PPI refund, only a small amount of money, but just enough to top up the bank balance after xmas

Comment

been into town and signed up with sky,even trying to cancel it is an absolute PITAss,eventually got into text,and sent them a,to the point message,as well as cancelations,and i want my PAC code for the mobile,no reply as yet,even paying full wack for sky is cheaper,the benefits are,18 month contract for £50a month for BB,talk anytime,TV package,HD,even the mobile is same as house phone,you can talk to it and change channels,more channels and watch free films,as soon as i get the pac code,i can start to use the benefits of the mobil,see why LD is so happy.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

The scent of the Winter Box (surprised it's not grown more as a hedge) and the honeysuckle with the mandatory bumble bee.

Then watching Nadal play a scorching match.
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Should really be a rant, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Ethnicity: White - British
                  Country of Birth: Unknown

And these are the people that are involved in educating my girls

Comment

Finding my favourite fish (Sea Bream) on the fresh fish counter - guess what I've got for tea?
                    Even bought another for the freezer, alas no room for more.

Comment

Sorted out virgin,my advice for other wanting to cancel is,go into the town shop and tell em,but go armed with any pass words ext,even they had a long time waiting on the phone to get a genuine voice,even got my pac code,they said the text i sent is not a recognised as a cancelation,so pleased i followed it up,also stoped the direct debits dead,am kna...feel like i got broken bonens in the feet from walking,had my first encounter with leicesters new arriva bus station,what a big transformation for the better,you wait inside until the bus comes,no more getting cold or wet,big sigh of relieve for now AHHHHHaaaaaahhhhhh thats better.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Looking out the window today and seeing my neighbours cherry blossom tree in full flower.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

The sky was such a beautiful blue today. Not a cloud in it all day, it could have been midsummer - if it hadn't been so perishing cold
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

That I don't have a grumbling appendix (was a bit apprehensive an op might be required, which would put the kibosh on early gardening). Visit to the GP again today, who informs me it's just an infection. Phew.

Comment

Primrose emailing me that my hori hori arrives tomorrow

Comment

There's a teeny weeny little white shoot visible from a couple each of my leek and onion seeds. Spring will come! Hang in there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X