• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This made me giggle...
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49991527
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I bought a chest freezer some time ago. Now it’s full to the brim with home grown produce. Soft fruit, broad beans, French beans, tons ( ok kilos) of tomatoes, kale broccoli and even some frozen soup. It’s really satisfying to think we will be enjoying healthy fruit and veg in the midst of winter.
      As long as there are no prolonged power cuts.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B1771380-5119-4496-A03C-9AF417F074A0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	2385581
        These girls entertain me even on the dullest day.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	717DA6BD-8EDF-494C-9725-E51E34D829D4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	2385582
        And my furriest child gets on well with them too.

Comment

• Sainsbugs will not be selling fireworks this year. Hope more retailers follow their example.
          https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50094658

Comment

• Just life. I suddenly seem to have got my joie de vivre back.

Comment

• This is the first day I’ve got seven eggs from my seven feathery girls. I’m so pleased. Hoping there will be seven eggs most days for next few months.
              Celebratory omelette for lunch.

Comment

• The wren is back! (Must be the same one - would be altogether too lucky to have different ones in the same spot.)

Can't believe it. It must tuck itself away at night somewhere in our yard, possibly above the window lintel (house is made of unpointed stone, effectively two walls with mud infill, and oak lintels, so plenty of gaps). I was sure the cats would get it last year, but here it is again. It bobs around outside the window by my computer where there's a little recess that makes a good spot for tools. Love to see it flitting from tool to tool. It has just had a good look inside a roll of plastic, but clearly not appropriate.

Comment

• I have a very bold robin that comes right up to me when I'm working, which is great. It was in the greenhouse yesterday which was a challenge (as there is only an entrance at one end) to persuade it out. After a while it did take the hint. But it bobs right up to me and looks annoyed at me for not providing more bugs. I think it's the one that was there as a juvenile this year. I do hope it's local.

Comment

• So nice just to see a bit of sunshine!

Comment

• I could see a cardboard tray(cut off box) sticking out from under my husbands seat in the car. I investigated. Would you believe it, seed packets (about 10) we'd bought in a sale a few weeks ago. Glad I spotted them because if they had been there until I cleaned the car out they'd probably have gone out of date. We'll definitely not be short of beetroot and leeks next year.

Comment

• Our neighbours can turn up at 6.30pm and not leave till 11.30 ish. Very entertaining evening.

Comment

• I can hear a chainsaw in the distance: lads hard at work dealing with firewood.

I can hear builders just outside: they're erecting a crane for the next phase of the work.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-11-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• having cuddles with my furry friend,
                            seeds arrived not long ago,
                            actually stayed awake to day,nothing extra done though
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Spending part of the day with my 16 month old grandson.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mr Snoop having an early night. That means I can watch something trashy without him tutting and huffing and puffing. Plus, extra bonus, firewood delivery man coming towards the end of the week. Plus, plus, looks like the rainwater collection tank will be about 18,000 litres after all. Plus, plus, plus, Mr Snoop will light the little woodburning stove in the bedroom so that means no cats on the bed when I get there, as they'll all be in their assorted chairs in front of it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X