Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFFIN FUNGUS GNATS. (And the accompanying little fly things that buzz around any bare dirt/ compost/ compost bin. BAH.

Comment

• Getting old has its benefits but health wise things keep going pear shaped (and I don't mean my belly)
      Spondulosis, and some other internal itis in the gut, along with gammy knees is now followed by floaters in one eye and bonny flashing lights!.
      What else is going to 'drop off' I wonder!
      Been to the quack about all of the above at one time or another and had tests. Apparently its just I am getting old and its the equivalent of getting grey hair (which thankfully I ain't too bothered with)
      I'm only grumbling because this is the grumble thread and quite enjoy the life I have really.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Tomato and Pepper plants displayed outside the shop at B & Q. There were four so called "Gardeners" working in the plant department and when I mentioned it all I got was 'Company Policy'
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Not really a rant as I get we are phasing out nasty chemicals, but as a last resort I have had to spray my apple trees with Systhane to get rid of the scab. I was told it was now withdrawn and there is no alternative solution available. "What do we do now" I ask, "buy trees that are resistant to it" was the reply, so I go and have a look out of curiosity and there is James Grieve for sale, the very tree I am having the problem with. So they still sell the problem but withdraw the cure, don't know why I'm surprised really, so if the tree is as bad as it has been, then the 16 year old tree will be felled.

Comment

• They've been home 10mins.....one is playing piano so I can't hear anything. The other one is just carting a mega loaf of washing to the washing machine....love my boys really

Comment

• After a disappointing 2018 potato harvest, with many tubers coming up rotten, how is it that digging over the bed months later, I find a couple of kgs of the best tatties I've had off the plot... each of them when I stabbed my fork through them. Mind you, still had enough to make absolutely delicious mini roast tatties with garlic and rosemary. Outstanding.

Comment

• That a stunning Medieval building will never be the same.
                R.I.P Notre Dame.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Cheques. I've spent most of the night looking for the paying in book, last seen back in the dark ages. I expect at least another hour to actually get into the bank and pay it in, that's if I can find a branch open.

Comment

• 1 week since my op. If I could take opioids my painkillers would be free, but I can’t. I have a very severe reaction to them. I call it an allergy, the medics call it a reaction. As it is I have to rely on paracetamol and ibrubrofen. As these are over the counter pills I have to pay for them. What is worse is that i’m only allowed 2 packets per purchase. They’re not expensive so that’s not the problem, I don’t really feel up to going out a lot and had to go to 5 different shops to get enough painkillers for a week. It’s bl00dy stupid. What happens when a whole family goes down with flu?
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Wishing JanieB a speedy recovery.

I saw the same in my local b&q, they were half dead already!
                      Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Tomato and Pepper plants displayed outside the shop at B & Q. There were four so called "Gardeners" working in the plant department and when I mentioned it all I got was 'Company Policy'
                      Last edited by chillithyme; 16-04-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Sneezing, itchy watering eyes , sore throat , pounding headache. It's that time of year again.

Comment

• OK I give up as I’m going to get the hose going tomorrow.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            They've been home 10mins.....one is playing piano so I can't hear anything. The other one is just carting a mega loaf of washing to the washing machine....love my boys really

Hmmm, not sure I'm feeling the love today! they went out partying last night. Came home a little worse for wear along with several others. Somehow one of them got locked in the porch only he climbed out through the window and landed in my wheelbarrow planted up with lettuce, obviously it tipped up. Grrrrr! I could have committed a serious crime this morning!!

# I may find this funny next year - but not today.
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 18-04-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• What used to be a lovely, peaceful area when my children were growing up has become an inner city scene for violence and drug dealing. No wonder folks stop and stare at my garden. We no longer have a pair of German Shepherds to patrol it, but the fence is sound. Still not sure how long I can endure the change
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I’ve been scammed, again! I ordered 2 bras, non wired, non padded, soft, front fastening, suitable for someone who’s had breast surgery. After 11 days they had an excuse. 2 days later another excuse. I googled them. They haven’t ever delivered to anyone. It’s not a lot of money but I have a problem finding a comfy bra after surgery. Sorry boys, I should have suggested you avert your eyes!
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X