Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, have been a bit lazy the past couple of days though did get some work done in the garden I have started clearing out some shrubs to allow me to build a box to plant some raspberries so that OH can reach them easily and while cutting the shrubs down I have shredded them and mixing it with seaweed I think I will leave it for a time to see how it composts, and an other point could anyone tell me if bulbs will come through sheets of cardboard that's covering the ground, as I have a number of lilies in the garden and was thinking of covering the soil with the cardboard, enjoy tomorrow and pass on a smile Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I am totally fine, thanks to all for asking, it's very kind. Car still hasn't been picked up to be assessed, but I am not that worried about it, it wasn't hit at speed and the bumper has taken the brunt of it. I was just a bit shaken - haven't had an accident before.

One more day then I can get to the plots for some prep for the season coming, and clear all the old, dead tomato plants out of the greenhouse! Lots of you have been so busy, you're putting me to shame!
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• It's been a very busy day here.
        We seem to put up a huge amount of Christmas stuff.
        Two trees, two mantle pieces and fire grates fully decorated.
        The hall and stairs, porch and conservatory.
        Lights and decorations outdoors as well.
        Consequently, it took us half the day to take them down, box them all up and take them up to the attic.
        In spite of that I made time to sow my first few tomatoes..
        Cooked a nice steak dinner and shared a few glasses of wine.
        Tired now and off to bed.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,not looked out the window yet.
          Rary am sure they will,as the cardboard will rot down.
          Sparrow am pleased your o/k,it is a shock to the system no mater what.
          have a good day all and Bgood2yrselves.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
            Freezing fog here!...can't see more than about 10 feet.
            Thank goodness I don't need to go out until mid afternoon.
            What I can see looks so pretty with a thick white frost.
            That's going to have zapped a few nasty bugs in the garden eh???

OH has just put out warm water for the wild birds and topped up the feeders.
            Might just put away some of the Xmas decorations from everywhere but the lounge and kitchen.

Woodfire is lit...
            Nice n'snug here
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornings!
              Cold and frosty here as well Brr!
              I s'posed to go for dental check this morning but have woken up with sinus headache, plus a sore throat, so I've just cancelled it. Yuk
              No idea what to do with myself, though a walk might clear my head if it brightens up later.
              Have a good'un

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon Thelma. Nothing worse than feeling like you have a brick inside your head
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Just 5 degree here but no frost.
                  Sorry to hear your not feeling great Thelma, hope it clears up soon.
                  Nothing planned for today so I will take it as it comes.
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning dull and damp today, at our sons just now and the boys are still asleep, son will be back home about three I wonder if the boys could sleep till then, going to the barbers shortly for a trim and shine, have a good day and remember, life is easier if when you agree with your OH, better the two of you being wrong than just H..
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Christmas is going back in the loft today. Mixer came yesterday, so some fun this weekend with cakes to give away next week! Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, we too have heavy frost, it never got above freezing all day yesterday, but the suns out, so we will pop out somewhere just to escape for a bit. Decorations won't be down till the 6th here.

Comment

• My tree is usually up until Twelfth Night burnie but not this year - I spend time with my son on Sundays so my day off today is being put to good use

Comment

• Well it's in the boxes ready for the loft, now to clean the Windows .....

Comment

• Golly gosh, but it's cold. Sunny but freezing. Our water outside has formed five-litre ice cubes. Went out with the dogs around midday but even then perishing in the shade. The oldest one was glad to get home. Might not insist that she comes this evening.

Not much news today. Was due to go out but won't be happening. Tomorrow instead.

So not much exciting happening. More work. Got bread on the rise. Am still getting used to my banneton baskets. Only used them a couple of times and am still expecting the bread to stick rather than drop out neatly. I make no-knead doughs, so rather wet, but the baskets have been OK so far. I've also been baking in a pyrex bowl with lid for a bread cloche, and that has been working fantastically well.

The big news is I phoned the firewood delivery man last night. He's coming this weekend with another load. Might get another one in before the end of the season just in case and to have more in ready for next year. Mr Snoop hoards junk and secondhand cameras, me I hoard firewood and dried foods. Can never have too much flour or too many lentils!

Glad to hear you're OK, Sparrow. Hope the car is sorted quickly. TS, get better soon. And FF, happy cake baking.

And have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Happy loafing about Snoop Windows cleaned, dust banished, looks like a body bag on the bed but it's the tree - goodness only knows how we'll get it into the loft.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X