Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all - I spent yesterday cooking off all the meats for today and tomorrow and in a little while I sull be peeling the spuds ready for my eldest daughter to come over and hopefully take over the cooking of Christmas Dinner. Have a great day everyone despite there being no Dr Who tonight.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

I've been a very busy hefflelump this morning -
      OH all sparkly after his shower. I'm glad I got the electric razor because at least now I don't leave him with loads of loo roll stuck to the razor cuts. I thought it might become a new fashion statement but as of yet no takers for the 'sliced by a stranger' look.
      Both beds stripped,remade and in the wash.
      Dog walked and fed.
      Kitchen and bathroom cleaned.

I hope everyone is yo ho hoing there hearts out.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Just going to have 10 minutes peace n quiet in the bath, then it's veg peeling duty...
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Merry Christmas all, just been and retrieved the last two carrots and parsnips from the garden to add to todays dinner. Had to buy sprouts, must grow a few more this coming year. Compost bought from the garden centre yesterday(boy did I get some odd looks buying gardening stuff from a GC in the depths of winter) and some is in the heated propagator warming up for the great Onion seed planting, won't be tomorrow as I'm over our daughters all day.

Comment

Ah yes, seed sowing to look forward to
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Mr Snoop is currently telling me about the differences between assorted Fender guitars. As if I'm going to remember how many sticky-out arms there are!

Anyway, all good fun while waiting for my elevenses at 10 past 1 our time. Late lunch it is. The lemon curd smells and tastes fantastic, so who cares if things are running a little late?

Comment

Separate post on onion seeds: do you have to keep them frost free once sown?

Comment

Just come back after a lovely walk along our local country lanes (in the sun!)

Just stunning out there

Time for a brew then onto peeling duties here too.
                  Guinea fowl for us.
                  Will cook a turkey breast for tomorrow at the same time so we can have festive butties etc

I was looking at our Xmas pud.
                  It's supposed to be for 8people, and I got a tad excited about the amount I can munch my way through over the next couple of days
                  Then I spotted it's 13,000 calories (3,500 = 1lb on the hips )
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    * suddenly wonders how Santa will have coped getting down the chimney whilst the fire has been ticking over
                    Ah Nicos, that is one of life's little mysteries
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Merry Afternoon everyone.
                      The dogs, chooks and I have been wandering around the garden, looking for signs of spring.
                      Spotted the first snowdrop, daff buds, strawberry flowers (yes really), forsythia buds and lots of catkins. Raspberries still in flower, even picked a couple of soggy fruits for the chooks. Some roses to sniff too.
                      Hope you're all enjoying whatever you may be doing. I recommend some fresh air and spring spotting.

Comment

Happy (insert word appropriate to you) day. Just thought I would check on you all before I stuff myself silly and spend the last of the day cozied up in a chair reading one of my pressie books.

Hope you are all enjoying your day whatever you are doing

Comment

Not so Spring like up here VC

Comment

I think we had summer here today burnie

Whilst out walking, I ended up taking off me coat and scarf. Had I been wearing a long sleeved top, I'd have been happy taking me cardie off as well!

Still glorious sunshine, but the temperature is very much dropping outdoors.
                            Hibou is lying on our bed, fully stretched out in the sunshine, and baking hot (being black n'all)

Just poured my first glass of fizz of the day (yup, that L!dl special I mentioned )

Roasties just gone in....
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well thanks to the Gods of gardening and SWMBO for a superb repaste, I know there are those who are without and I hope everyone is able to find some comfort during the leaner winter times.

Comment

Every year I say I won’t and every year I do. I blame it on being left to my own devices whilst OH is having his sleep.............so what have a done I hear you not ask because your busy with Christmas.........I’ve been onto the inter web site that sells everything and is named after a river in South America.

They have started their sale........gulps loudly so.......
                                Solid silver bracelet
                                2 Egyptian cotton fitted sheets
                                A electric pressure cooker
                                A unicorn ( don’t ask as it’s for Kath next door but one)
                                Total - £52 (actually £62 but Lumpy's big feet got tangled and she couldn't change it)
                                I always search by 4+ customer reviews and free postage.

Anyone know how to do a pea soup in a pressure monarch pro?
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 25-12-2018, 04:31 PM. Reason: Helping Lumpy to edit :)
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X