Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
    https

I even had to use the scroll down button before I could type in the quick reply box here but funnily enough whilst typing I floated the cursor over the "post quick reply" button and it turned green indicating it would post
    Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
    which it did and using the quick reply box this time wasn't a problem although trying to post was . I'm going to use the scroll down button and if this appears that worked again
    a couple of more examples and again had to use the scroll down button before this would post

Comment

Having to use the scroll down button may be because there is an invisible ad at the bottom if you use an add blocker? There used to be a black stripe along the bottom of my screen. this has disappeared but the bottom 2 rows of text or so doesn't accept any mouse inputs.

edit: I took the ad blocker off and (got loads of ads) and then no problems. No need to scroll down and could click on 'allotment advice' for example if you scroll right to very bottom. So likely is the ad blocker.
      Last edited by Mark_Riga; 26-11-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I don't think that's the answer because on my screen the post quick reply and the like buttons are halfway up the page, so clicking on those isn't near where the bottom advert goes.

Comment

Not really a problem, more of a question:

What is/where is my control panel?

It's one of the options in the "Subscribe to this thread" tab in the Thread Tools button. I used it, thinking that notifications would come up in the Notifications box. But they don't. I've had a look about in my profile, but can't find a control panel there either. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough or need new specs.

Comment

Snoops if you go into "settings" then go down to "my account" and then "general settings" you can then subscribe to the mode that sends automatic notifications, it explains it on the page.Hope that's what you are after.

Comment

^Thanks, burnie. I've had a look at the automatic notifications bit. One of the options is "through my control panel only". But I'm not clear what my control panel is or how to view it. Is it simply the page that comes up if I click on settings?

Comment

Not seen anything called control panel either??

Comment

^No. Is it something left over from a previous incarnation of the forum?

Comment

I "think" the Control Panel is wherever you can go to edit your own personal settings.

If you want to confuse yourself totally, go to FAQ above the messages and search for "control panel" - aka "user control panel". You'll wish you hadn't asked!

Comment

the only control panel i know of is,on MY computor,where you clic to then turn it off,it lists all different things,and control panel amongst them,thats all i know,as for anything else said on this thread i am very confused,so just carry on clicing on forums to gain accsess,tis easier for my grey cells.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Interesting, VC. The other day I searched for control panel and there were no hits. I've just searched for user control panel and there are six hits, a couple of which look vaguely relevant.

Maybe it's a title that got left unchanged when whatever it is was given a new name. My profile? Settings? View all subscribed threads? Even quick navigation?

Anyway, thought control panel sounded important and that I needed to find it. But evidently not.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-12-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I'm no longer having to mess about with the vertical scroll bar in order to get the Forum to react to my actions. Good news but I'd love to know what has changed

Comment

Interesting that,i have not noticed that i have to still scroll either,mmmmm,but i still have to click on forums to get entry,no bother at all,now i got the hag of things.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

The last few times I've come on the forum, I've got the message "sorry, no new posts to view". This comes up when I click on What's new and on New posts.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Comment

I get that if I've logged out and logged back in again later the same day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X