No announcement yet.

Parish Council letter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve also got mine to do - my path is really narrow so it really does need doing often but I couldn’t do it earlier as the birds had two hatches this year.

Comment

I'm just grateful I don't have a pavement outside the house and I leave the grass verge to grow long for wildlife. Once a year the council pass by with some cutting machine that does nothing worthwhile in terms of grass mowing and the hedge can grow as much as it likes without interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        We have a neighbour that parks on the pavement...now that really is something to complain about
        Go on then! Nag the council. Get some value for all that council tax.

Croydon has a little man on a motor scooter, who booked my neighbour for having his nearside wheels on his drive apron at 21:30 on a Sunday! There was no obstruction whatsoever.

Got to tie back a mile a minute clematis. Shame to cut it as full of flowers.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Right so I'm happy to report I have pruned all the trees etc on the boundary to either our side of the wall or we'll above where it can be an issue to pedestrians. I'd say the lowest branch is now approx 7'6 or 8' from pavement if its overhanging.
          I have emailed council to let them know I've pruned everything from our boundary and asked them for confirmation that it has been done to their satisfaction.
          Their reply should be interesting as when I contacted them and asked if anything specific had been mentioned in the complaint that they'd like addressing they mentioned pruning ivy which sits on the wall back so it doesn't impede the pavement. The only problem is that I don't have any ivy on my wall, but the old animal pound (which is now a small garden looked after by the parish council) has quite a bit of ivy on it which has gone arborial.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X