Inexplicable damage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    I have visitors who drop ciggy butts on my path, and I’ve found crisp & baccy packets in my daleks. Also handfuls of broken glass, nails and occasionally rotten spuds
    Erm, that sounds like a hate campaign! Have you caught the 'visitors' on your cam?
    He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
      Rats ate the nylon rope on the weight of my comfrey pipe, I replaced it with a metal chain after the second time they did it.
      Rats wouldn't have been able to get the pump out of the pond though. It'll be those curious foxes... the other day I was admiring one as it trotted nonchalantly across my plot, had a sniff of my backpack I'd left on the path and then cocked it's leg and... yep.
      Last edited by bario1; 17-09-2018, 08:59 AM.
      He-Pep!

Comment

that sounds more like general cretinousness to me - is there a general waste bin on site? It's a fairly common trick to distribute rubbish over several bins rather than dump it in on, the idea being that a lot of people will be mildly annoyed, but it wont' be a sufficient issue to be worth the person complaining, or any authority being interested. My guess is that someone has a plot full of rubbish (not necessarily on your site) and is trying to surreptitiously dispose of it.

Comment

Would this connector be the right thing to fix the cable?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-3-Pin-W...fPxPzudMenKiTQ
          He-Pep!

Comment

That's the sort I've used.

just make sure you've threaded all the bits on the right ends before you've fiddled the cables inside abd done it up..
            DAMHIK

Comment

Thanks Mike. Would it be the 2 or 3 pin one?
              He-Pep!

Comment

if you have three core wire (live, neutral, earth), then you'll need a three pin. if you have two-core you only need a two-pin. but you could use a three-pin and have one connection blank, it's not good practice, but as there's only one cable of the same sort, it's probably ok. (just bear in mind you must never have thre core in and two core out or vice versa). if you do use three pin, don't forget to have the same pin unused on both ends...

Comment

Cheers, I'm guessing two core as it's just a low powered battery run thing.
                  He-Pep!

Comment

almost certainly. If you look at the cut end, you'll be able to tell.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X