Exams

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to hide in a cupboard, Lumpy .
    I'd be horrified if my parents told you all about how I didn't work hard in school. Its nobody's business but mine and theirs and, to be honest, its all history and is of very little interest to anyone. Fortunately, they wouldn't have had reason to tell you I was expelled.

Comment

I think I've been a bit cruel to Janie who obviously holds some resentment as to how her children were treated by both their school and husband.

I'm more than happy for any MOD to edit my post.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I am sure Janie would be the first to encourage debate Lumpy....being a councillor and all that
        Last edited by Greenleaves; 01-09-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

There's no point in starting a thread if it can't be discussed. If its not intended for discussion it should be on the Rant thread.

Comment

I’m not ranting. And i’m glad of the discussion. The eldest was sent for special tests at the beginning of secondary school and went off the scale. Personally I think he was bored stiff. Homework wasn’t included as part of his pass as it has been more recently. There were exams twice a year which he excelled in.

The youngest didn’t start sixth form. He arrived at school on the first day of that year and was told to go home as he wasn’t welcome. Apart from anything else it was extremely hurtful. We had had no letters or communication from the school that he was going to be excluded. The sixth form tutor had been promoted to the post during the summer holidays and when I queried the decision to the headmaster he said that having just given the promotion he didn’t feel he could undermine the tutors first decision.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

Sorry Janie - that must have been hard for you but as I don't know both sides I'll just say that I'm glad everything worked out in the end.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I am still not sure about the point of this thread, but anyone who sits and endures exams deserves a pat on the back and those that worked towards them should be acknowledged and rewarded IMO.

I know every year the news makes up some cobblers about exams....getting harder, getting easier, schools fiddling the system, but they are just trying to sell something and they think it is worthy of selling.

As for family dynamics and the such there are a lot of children out there that don't get the help and support they deserve. Those that do are often the ones whose parents have made an effort and fought for it. I don't like the way it is but that is what it comes down to.

I actually had someone tell be the other day that I spend too much time on my children and that a parents attention is a 'luxury'. (Something wrong with that picture). I just want my girls to get the best of what I got plus a bit more. I used to think that was what any parent wanted (how wrong was I )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X