cucumber ice-pops

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cucumber ice-pops

Have made these today - will let you know how they taste tomorrow!

2 cucumbers
    juice of one lemon
    splash of water
    sugar to taste

It's an exact recipe as you can see!
    Another happy Nutter...

How do you prepare the cucumbers?
    I've never made an ice-pop so you could be freezing them whole, for all I know

Comment

I just cut the stem off, chopped into chunks, & blended everything for quite a long time, then put in ice-pop moulds from the pound shop, although yoghurt pots & a stick would also work, with foil over the pot & the stick stuck through to keep upright.

OH & I just tried one each partially frozen & it was delicious! Going to use the same recipe to make sorbet.
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Belvoir do a cucumber, mint and rose geranium spritzer which is amazing. One day I'm going to grow enough cucumbers to make it. I imagine that would be nice in a lolly too.
        Follow my grow and cook your own blog

https://tabularasa.org.uk/
        Wordpress Reader: Tabularassa99
        Facebook: https://mfacebook.com/tabularasathrive
        Instagram: Tabularasathrive

Comment

Now that's a blinking good idea, I have so many cucumbers coming at me that I've run out of people to give them to.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

I'm making this soup, which can be served chilled. Late Summer Cucumber Soup | Recipes | Delia Online

Am going to look for more recipes to use up my glut.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 26-08-2016, 07:38 AM. Reason: fixed link.
            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I think elderflower cordial mixed in would be good to with the cucumber in a sorbet. Just like the idea of preserving cucumbers not in a chutney or pickle as don't eat a lot of them.
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Well, we had the actual ice-pops. Children had one lick & hated them, although probably down to eldest child's penchant for disliking food of in the wrong mood (!) & youngest copying.

Flavour delicious but a bit of a grainy texture. Not sure if it could be sieved through muslin to get rid of pulp?

Half frozen it was great so will definitely do as a sorbet - think that will work better.

Thinking of starting a thread about cucumber experiments
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X