Kohl Rhabi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohl Rhabi

I've got a glut of Kohl Rhabi (my first ever glut!!). They have been really good growers, but I'm getting a bit fed of up eating them raw in salads (and I think I've had so many my stomach is now hurting!).

Anybody got any ideas for what else I can do with them? Do they rosti?
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Try equal amounts of courgettes and khol rabi sliced about 1/4 of a centimetre thick and cooked in a white or cheese sauce. Can be done on the stove or baked in the oven. Lovely! (The khol rabi needs to be young and tender - 'woody' khol rabi is awful.
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Yes they will roast Jennie, congrats on the glut.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

You can also cut them into 'chips' and steam them then serve with butter and black pepper. Yummy
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Would there be garlic in with the butter?
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

If you like (and I do but younger son not keen).

Have to confess, I have cooked kohl rabi once - waiting for mine to grow. That was the way my Good Housekeeping book suggested and jolly nice it was too.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

I cut them into julienne strips (posh or what? - got a mandolin slicer so it's easy!) and put a very little olive oil and a tiny knob of butter into a saucepan - one with a good lid. Stir about for a few minutes then put the lid on. Check every now and then and re-stir. Cooks in about 6 minutes. You can really taste the mild turnipiness (new word?) like this.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I slice and add to stir fries - also nice boiled and then mashed up with swede - knob of butter and lots of black pepper - yummy

Comment

Thanks for all those tips! Lovely ideas for steaming. I think I'll go for the courgette and KR tonight with a cheese sauce as I've just about got one courgette ready to harvest - the FIRST this year !!!!!
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Mmm, methinks mine are well behind in the growing tables! will just have to be patient and wait! Bernie
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Well ......... I can certainly recommend the KR and Courgette in Cheese Sauce. Absolutely yummy! Which I had with my own lightly boiled Jersey Royals and a fillet of organic Shetland salmon, pan fried in olive oil and butter.

Soooooooooo lovely - I could eat it all again!
                      ~
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X