Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favourite "fast food" mid week meal?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading this topic, I've just had to go and make myself Welsh rarebit . So I also have a fast evening meal or lunch or just because it's there . I know this isn't helpful in any way, because I doubt your boys would be happy getting cheese with bits in on toast for there tea. I just wanted to let you know you have all made me very hungry .

Comment

When I make stew I always make vast amounts and freeze. My husband (who can always eat one more potato than a pig) is always happy when I bring it back out of the freezer to have with either vast amounts of home made Yorkshire puddings or with big well browned dumplings on top.

Comment

For quick meal, I boil up pasta or have pre-boiled already...
        Then fry some onions up in oil in a pan , add chorizo and when done add to the pasta in the saucepan with some chilli mayo or home made tomato sauce...delish
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Yotan Ottalengi (sp?!!) was on TV recently making these little vegetablepes. well, I made them last night and the they are to die for. Best pastry I've ever made! Boys like pies, don't they? or is it just me?
          Rustle up a warm root vegetable pie | Food | This Morning

Comment

A big hit with my OH is a giant York pud filled with gravy and veg. Quite nice as it fills you up and I think it makes a change from having a meat with a meal. Fairly quick to make too and I'm not a brilliant cook so can't really muck it up.
            sigpic

Comment

A quick mid week favourite of mine is;
              Any meat stir fried with garlic, ginger, onion and soy sauce then throw in what veg you have near the end and serve with rice, pasta or noodles.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

cheap frying steak, cut into strips, flash fried with chopped onion, crushed garlic, and a pack of Old El Paso Fajita spice mix, black ground pepper, then added to a pita bread with shredded lettuce and a few cherry tomatoes cut in halves

cheap, and takes 10 minutes to prepare .... if you have a bit more time, fry some chips and fry an egg per person ....

junk food but tasty and kids love it

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
                  Boys like pies, don't they? or is it just me?
                  Boys, really love pies - thanks for that one, I'll give it a go next week

Noosner - the sausage fry up was a hit!! Thank you!

Thanks grapes, it good to get out if the food rut and cook something different every night. Please keep them coming, I'm planning on cooking a new recipe every night for the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Noosner - the sausage fry up was a hit!! Thank you!
                    Great! Chuffed to hear that!
                    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

one can of tuna drained

one hard boiled egg chopped roughly

some fresh chopped parsley

1 1/2 tablespoons of mayonaisse

1 tablespoon of chopped pickled jalapenos (old el passo have them in jars and available from most supermarkets)

1-2 tablespoons of the pickled jalapeno juice

salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

mix and serve on crusty bread .....

you can add chopped watercress or finely shredded lettuce or chopped spring onion
                      Last edited by dim; 29-09-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I could eat that for lunch today!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I could eat that for lunch today!
                          the 'secret' ingredient is the juice from the jalapenos .... good stuff

this is what I buy:

Comment

Thanks for this thread! I'm getting fed up with our household staples but I'm not one to spend hours in the kitchen. Loads of ideas here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X