No announcement yet.

Yellow courgettes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My basic veg soup recipe is similar to NG's i.e. soften a chopped onion in a bit of oil and butter, add a chopped potato (alternative thickener to flour) plus chopped whatever else veg I want, stir it all round for a bit then add some stock, home made or cube, cook for twenty mins then blend with a hand blender. Parfait!
    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

cheaper moulis here Amazon.fr : moulin légumes inox : Cuisine & Maison
      I don't use flour in soup, not do I sweat the veggies. I used to then just found it wasn't necessary and with no flour, it doesn't burn so it's easier to make!
      Last edited by bearded bloke; 28-09-2014, 08:29 AM. Reason: Made link "clickable"

Comment

Oh, and you REALLY need an apple peeler and corer - we have one and use it every day just to have lovely peeled apples for eating. The grandsons love using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
          Oh, and you REALLY need an apple peeler and corer - we have one and use it every day just to have lovely peeled apples for eating. The grandsons love using it.
          My nan used to always peel her apples before eating as (I think) the peel gave her indigestion. If I was about I used to hang around nearby so I could eat her peelings, she used to use a knife and there was usually plenty of apple there too. I love the contrast of crunch. Think I've only ever peeled cooking apples.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
            I should say so, margotay! Here is one of my fave courgette soup recipes. It's delish.

Courgette, potato & cheddar soup | BBC Good Food
            Just made this. Half the cheddar I substituted for applewood smoked cheddar that was reduced in the shop. It's gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
            Bex

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
              Struggling with why I would need one of these ... or how to justify it!!!

I have one of those, it's fantastic when my 3 apple trees are fully loaded .

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
                Just made this. Half the cheddar I substituted for applewood smoked cheddar that was reduced in the shop. It's gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                Ooh, glad you liked it, Bex! It is one of my faves - as someone said, you wouldn't guess how scrummy it is from the recipe. Smoked cheddar sounds a great variation.
                My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Those apple peelers are handy when the old teeth aren't what they used to be hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    I have one of those, it's fantastic when my 3 apple trees are fully loaded .
                    Me too. I have access to a disused apple orchard and pick apples there be the carrier bag full. I used one of those last year and now wouldn't be without it. So easy to use too.

Comment

Blimey! And there was me thinking they were "just a gadget". Presumably if peeling loads of apples for cooking then this is a big time saver? (Just to make sure I've got the right end of the stick!!)
                      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Yes Kristen. It peels, cores and slices at the same time. I make chutneys and apple sauce from the cooking apples. I make apple ginger from the eaters which we eat with plain yoghurt - and also dehydrate the slices for snacking on. Cuts the preparation time down drastically!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X