Mint sauce??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint sauce??

How do I make mint sauce like my Mum used to make?? I have mint in the lottie (four different types!) and my early spuds are beckoning!
    I foolishly bought some mint sauce in a squeezy bottle and it is GROSS!!!

Any 'proppa' mint sauce recipes out there???

Cheers in advance as I know some knowledgeable grapes will come to the rescue!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I think it is vinegar chopped up mint and a bit of sugar some people use cider vinegar slightly different tastejacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

just mint and vinegar snadgar, the type of mint and proportions are up to you, i wizz the mint in a blender, and i use cider vinegar but any you have is good, just add vinegar till correct consistency is achieved. voila.
      Yo an' Bob
      Walk lightly on the earth
      take only what you need
      give all you can
      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
        just mint and vinegar snadgar, the type of mint and proportions are up to you, i wizz the mint in a blender, and i use cider vinegar but any you have is good, just add vinegar till correct consistency is achieved. voila.
        So that's mint and vodka????...sounds good to me...oh cripes my eyes are failing me you said VOILA!!!
        Last edited by Snadger; 12-06-2007, 07:58 PM.
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

you could use vodka vinegar if you want snadgar, and straw dauaris for desert, mmm
          Yo an' Bob
          Walk lightly on the earth
          take only what you need
          give all you can
          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
            you could use vodka vinegar if you want snadgar, and straw dauaris for desert, mmm
            I know I am going to regret asking this but................is there such a thing as vodka vinegar and what the blazes is straw dauaris??????

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Can't answer about Vodka Vinegar Snadger, but my mum used to make mint sauce with chopped mint, vinegar and a little bit of brown sugar. But have it standing for a little while to let the sugar melt into the vinegar, then give it a good stir. I have a little table top herb chopper from Lakeland, and it works a treat.

Delicious! (As you guess I still do it like this)
              ~
              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I had a bumper crop of mint last year and still have some mint sauce in the fridge in a sealed Kilner jar. How long does it keep. Is it still safe to eat or should I be ditching it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                  I had a bumper crop of mint last year and still have some mint sauce in the fridge in a sealed Kilner jar. How long does it keep. Is it still safe to eat or should I be ditching it.
                  I would think your mint will be growing well by now? Fresh is best I would imagine?

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I think you're right Snadger. Bin it is.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Fresh mint small amount of sugar sprinkled on to the mint and then chop. Once its chopped to your satisfaction add vinegar till satisfactory consistancy achieved. I always use malt vinegar.

Comment

I DETEST mint sauce and mint with new pots (can just about cope with toothpaste and the odd mint imperial!) but Mr Flum loves it. We use malt vinegar, chopped mint, sugar - it keeps well. It's still vile though!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hmmmm, you're all making me hungry for new tatties and roast lamb ...... with home made mint sauce of course. I've only ever used cider vinegar but will try malt next time I think.
                          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Try making it with Balsamic vinegar! dark but yummy

Comment

wash mint, chop mint add sugar to taste, add a v little boiling water to ensure sugar disolves mix add vinegar - malt vinegar is my favourite for mint sauce but balsamic is nice too but bit spensive for everyday. yum its made me hungry.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X