Can you freeze tomatoes?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    That's why bottling is so good, no need to fill he freezer and sauces like that bottle really well as the tomatoes have a good acid content

Not totally sure the best way to'store' passata I made yesterday. It's in sealed sterilised jars, but should I keep in fridge, or will it be ok in cupboard? There's not much in it as way of 'preservative', only a drizzle of olive oil, basil, sprinkling of salt n sugar. Seems to be conflicting advice on net.
    DottyR

Comment

When I've bottled sauces, after they have been filled in hot sterilised jars. I put them in a large pan of water. Get some teatowels in there so they don't bump around and slowly bring to the boil. Boil for a couple of minutes and then turn off the heat. Leave them in the water as it's cooling. Store in the cupboard.

Comment

Bong em in hot water to skin em. Chop in half and bag up, then freeze. I usually fry them with some bacon and egg. They can be a bit watery, but dont pour the water off, just turn up the heat to reduce it. Water evaporates, flavour stays.

Comment

Got some in freezer already Brownfingers, no room for any more, so am using some of the 'split ones', for sauces, and another batch of tomato and courgette/squash chutney today.
          DottyR

Comment

I have a full freezer drawer already. And the plums haven't even ripened yet!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X