Mushroom sauce

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushroom sauce

Now that the Mushroom season is nearly upon us and i do eat a lot of them because they are usualy free my OH does the mushrooms in a caserole dish in microwave in milky water for about 7 or 8 minutes and with the left over juice adds some cornflower until you get the right thickness it's gorgeous i hope you people that are mushroom lovers enjoy this was a recipe out of my Mothers head many years ago jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

I've always thought that mushrooms were most prolific in the autumn (always too timid to collect my own though!)????? Dim question, but how long does the season last?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      I've always thought that mushrooms were most prolific in the autumn (always too timid to collect my own though!)????? Dim question, but how long does the season last?
      Two years ago i picked the first one the last week of may and picked right through untill october last year i did not find any untill september but no two years are the same but as a added bonus the mushrooms in the two fields that i walk round are the big horse mushrooms any thing up to 10 inches across the juices in them are to die for when done in the microwave they just fit on a round of toast jacob
      What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Sounds lovely, remember my great uncle going out and picking them for breakfast when I was a kid but have no idea what type they were or what time of year it was.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Sounds lovely, remember my great uncle going out and picking them for breakfast when I was a kid but have no idea what type they were or what time of year it was.
          Simple tip if you can peel em you can eat em Jacob
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

we don't seem to have wild mush in northwest ,i use dried mushrooms with some fresh ones in sauces.g
            goddess

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X