Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Dried Beans - Info & Tips Needed Please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweary, sweary, sweary.....

News just in from the diabetic forum, is that beans are out - the low GI stuff spouted doesn't work for most diabetics. Beans will spike BSLs quite highly and do not pass through you without releasing their carbs.

Oh bugga.......
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Sorry if I've got this completely wrong, but no grains at all? If I'm understanding rightly, I just had a look, and found a veggie website,with some nice looking bread, made with no grains at all, eg, coconut bread, ( maybe too sweet ?) but I expect you've looked anyway.
      DottyR

Comment

Burgen bread is as far as we go, Dotty. We don't touch wheat other than low carb crackers and Burgen bread.
        Last edited by julesapple; 05-01-2014, 03:56 PM.
        Jules

Comment

Actually, Dotty saying about using coconut flour reminds me that almond flour (i.e. ground almonds) is used instead of grain flour in baking for people following the specific carb diet. The diet is recommended for people with digestive problems, but the recipes would suit your needs of lo/no carb, I would think, Jules. I've made 'bread' and muffins with the ground almonds which are very good indeed.

Comment

I use ground almonds all the time, Hazel. They do make a slightly more 'puddingy' type sponge, but it is very nice. A lot of the recipes use sweeteners such as Spl£nda, but that's foul stuff - I can taste it for days afterwards - so I use xylitol based sweeteners in anything with chocolate and stevia in anything else.

Another flour we can use some of soy flour.
            Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X