Icing sugar covered pup!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icing sugar covered pup!

My teenage son and I decided to make fudge today. It's really simple and easy, but you have to be quick. Even though the recipe is aimed at one person making it, you do need an extra hand - which is where my son comes in! I am mixing like a whirling dervish - he is sieving icing sugar as fast as he can, both of our arms are a blur! Then the puppy skids into the kitchen, doesn't stop in time, ends up in a heap at the front of the oven. My son turns to see what he's doing.... taking the sieve of icing sugar with him!... woosh! We now have a dalmatian who used to be a rotweiller! He's had a lovely time licking himself, the smell of burning sugar is quite pleasant! Two trays of fudge are cooling on the side. Happy Times!
    Extreme-Speed-Fudge-Making - a new sport for the Olympics??!!
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Or 'You've Been Framed!'
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Wish I'd thought of that G4! Perhaps we could do a re-enactment!

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

What's your recipe Ancee? I've never used icing sugar in fudge, but I'm sure Star (my Staffie) would love it if I did.

Comment

It's a 397g tin of carnation condensed milk, 25g of butter, 100g icing sugar 400 grams of milk chocolate (I use Lidls its only 30 odd pence a bar)
          So, you put the butter milk and chocolate into a pan, stir until melted - then sift as quick as you can, the icing sugar into it while keeping it on the heat and mixing like a wild thing. Pour into a baking paper lined tray, leave to cool, then put in the fridge to set. That's it! We make chocolate orange flavour, white chocolate with raisins or cranberries. Actually, everything has gone into this! Then I cut it into squares and dust with icing sugar so it doesn't stick together. It really is the simplest of recipes, really fudgey and gooey - I haven't met anyone who hasn't liked it yet! - Or, they haven't said!

Comment

It does sound nice and easy to make Ancee so long as you have no pets
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I'm going to try a batch of Baileys chocolate fudge this weekend If it doesn't set, I'll probably have to eat it with a spoon - sighs it's a hard life

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                I'm going to try a batch of Baileys chocolate fudge this weekend If it doesn't set, I'll probably have to eat it with a spoon - sighs it's a hard life
                Do you need a 'taster person' ? I'd like to offer my services.
                DottyR

Comment

If it works Dorothy I'll send you some! Though only if it sets as I don't want to send you a sticky, oozing mess through the post!

Comment

Thanks Ancee,I just had another idea, I'll make some and see if it sets ! If not eat it with a spoon, or how about with icecream ?
                    DottyR

Comment

^^^^ Now you're talking!!!^^^^
                      When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

I'm going to blame you Ancee, if I put on half a stone in weight!
                        DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X