No announcement yet.

Who used their pumpkin?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave my daughter and the GGs the biggest pumpkin I've ever grown. I have yet to see the photographs of said pumpkin carved and the flesh has not yet made it's way to me in the form of soup, but I am on a promise
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

That sounds ace Chris! You can impart all of your squash growing wisdom as well and admire our mess .
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Right, it's a date then. I'll get her on the case

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
          With a 50lb pumpkin ...There is still a lot in the freezer
          Yes, you hate to waste good food, even when you're sick to the gills of pumpkin. I only grow the smaller ones now (head size) and we've still got a freezer full of pumpkin flesh, and cupboards full of pumpkin chutney
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thats why we have seasons TS, so when we are sick to the back teeth of one glut there's another just around the corner.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I make kabak tatlisi every year. It's a sweet Turkish dessert.

3 cups cubed pumpkin to 1 cup of sugar.
              Pour the sugar over the pumpkin, mix and leave for 2hrs. Bring it to the boil and simmer gently for around half an hour or until the pumpkin has turned into a jellied sweetie consistency and the sugar a thick syrup.

Lovely eaten cold on it's own or served with yoghurt and nuts with a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X