• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelleybobs View Post
    Roasting with Sunday beef is the best.
    Well, not if you're vegetarian.

Or a cow

All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I parboil Maris pipers or kestrel for no more than 5 mins or until the outside 5mm has cleared ,then drain and put back on the gas and shake like mad until the outside is well battered,then put into a pan with 10 mm depth of beef dripping.they are basted then given a good seasoning with freshly ground salt and pepper then put in the oven for 20 mins.After 20 mins they ae taken out,turned over and re-basted then returned to the oven (gas mk 7) until crispy, usually about 20 mins,better than grandma used to make and if taken out after the first 20 mins can be frozen for later use,just take straight out of the freezer and plonk into hot fat for 20 mins.I always cook a full tray and take out the extras to freeze for those days when you want a proper meal in a hurry.better than your aunt Bessie's too!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

i par boil toss in a colander with a spoonful of flour then in the oven covered in goose fat. Boy they make some very good roast especially if you pop garlic gloves and rosemary in with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X