No announcement yet.

Sticky-Stuff Removal

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used nail polish remover in the past after soaking in hot soapy water. Use large labels to cover residue.

Comment

I just use hot soapy water and a knife to scrape it off

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Scarey, here, you can get stuff in the chemist to take plasters off skin easily and it works on jars - also the stuff in the supermarkets - dry cleaning fluid in a little bottle in the washing powder aisle works a treat too. Very cheap.

Comment

Thanks folks. I have tried several of your suggestions, but as I have A LOT of jars to deal with am going down the "Sticky Stuff Remover" road. Have soaked and scraped and scoured till my arm dropped off and got myself ever-so-slightly high on various solvent solutions, so feel I've earned an easy option. Thanks again!x
          When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

I put them in hot water to soften the label, peel off the paper or scrape it off with a knife, then leave dry. Then I rub off what's left with white spirits and cotton wool and then wash again after.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
              I wonder if a hot oven would do the trick, it would have the added benefit of steralising the jars.
              I find a hot oven causes some labels to become more stubborn and some to smell awful. Next time I'll try the soaking in hot water for longer than I've been doing - then using the steel wool.
              My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X