Courgette Curry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette Curry

Might come in useful when the glut comes Dead easy and quick as well.

Process 3 tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, pinch of fennel seeds in a blender to make a rough paste.
    Heat 3tbsp veg oil, add 150g chopped shallots or onions, cook for 5 mins. Add 250g sliced courgettes, 1/2tsp turmeric, 1/2-1tsp chilli powder, stir fry for 5 mins.
    Lower the heat, and add the tomato pasta. Cook, stirring, for 1 min, mix in 300ml coconut milk.Bring to the boil , then lower and simmer for 5 mins.

*note - 1/2tsp = .5tsp, not '1 or 2'

from 'Easy Indian' by Das Sreedharan
    Last edited by sez; 15-05-2007, 01:50 PM.

Sounds nice!

Might be tempted to substitute tikka powder or madras spices for the plain chilli and add some sweetness such as an apple or a banana

Thanks!
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Deffo sounds like something to try once the glut gets here. Do you know if it freezes?
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

It might persuade OH to eat courgettes. He loves curry, dislikes courgettes - I have three plants just sprouting ... ermmmm..... I'd be interested to know if it freezes as well, I suspect it will.
        Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I've made that Lesley. It's very nice - moist like carrot cake. However, it's probably more fattening than curry - unless you eat too much curry of course!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We never have enough curry left to freeze any but if you leave the freshly made curry to 'mature' for 24 hours, the spices have time to do their work and really improve the flavour.
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

courgette cake?? Give me a clue?!! We do eat a lot of curry so that's a definite (if the b****rs ever grow!) but I've never tried 'produce' cake!?
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X