Prawns question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prawns question

Snowdrop made a lovely Jambalaya on Friday - it was huge and so I put the remains in the freezer. It has cooked prawns in it.

Can they be frozen, thawed and then reheated?

I honestly have no idea, but it was way to lovely to have to throw out.
    aka
    Suzie

As long as it was cooled and frozen fairly quickly after making there should be no problem. Enjoy.

Comment

Were they fresh prawns to start with or frozen? I think there can be a problem with things that have been thawed, cooked, then frozen again.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I think that as long as something has been cooked before its refrozen its OK but best to use it up fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
          Were they fresh prawns to start with or frozen? I think there can be a problem with things that have been thawed, cooked, then frozen again.
          They were fresh cooked prawns which he chucked in at the end to just heat through because I couldn't get fresh raw.

Thanks all
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

You can freeze pretty much anything that has just been cooked although obviously some things taste nicer than others - usually depends on texture. If they've just been warmed then it could well be different as they've not acutally been cooked and I'd be less confident.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I wouldn't worry as long as it's reheated thoroughly. I'd eat it anyway! Plus you're made me fancy Jambalaya now.
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X