No announcement yet.

Rhubarb Ripple Fool

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK girls, let's sleep on it, and re-convene over the weekend?

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Silicone muffin tins

Have had a look at these as promised and using the 6-hole muffin tin as a base, it's a Jamie Oliver range at £16 in Lakeland and House of Fraser BUT HofF do an own brand for £12 AND it was 20% off in the sale = £9.60.

Still more than I'd normally think to pay, but if you're sure on your recommendation of how brill they are, Wells, I'll invest.

Comment

Oh, now that puts me on the spot! I use mine 'a lot' and therefore they've been worth every penny to me. If you can see yourself using them even just once a month, then worth investing in I reckons Haze!

Comment

Wellie would these flexible moulds be any good for Yorkshires?
            [

Comment

Perfect for Yorkshires Lesley, providing you place the silicone mould tray on a solid tray, for completely obvious reasons !!

Comment

Right, that's swung it for me....House of Fraser here we come!

Comment

Thanks Wellie now I shall buy some!
                  [

Comment

Oh that's completely brilliant..... ! I'm really pleased.

Hazel, would you be a darling and get me two more of the six-muffin tray ones when you order yours? I'll post a cheque to cover the cost, and if they arrive before Malvern, then I'll collect them off you then?

Comment

I shall be tootling into the store in person tomorrow lunchtime, and of course I'd be glad to, Wellie.

Comment

You're a star Hazel, thanks.

Comment

Can you use them in the top oven of an Aga?
                          It is very hot at the top of the oven
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by Headfry; 02-04-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

What a lovely recipe cant wait to give it a go! Got some rhubarb in the garden ready for picking - now! Bernie aka Dexterdog
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi all - I'm reading from the 'care and use' instructions on the House of Fraser own make Flexible Ovenware 6 cup muffin mould, purchase today for £9.60:

Greasing should not be required.
                              Oven safe to 260 deg C/500 deg F and freezer safe to -40 deg C/F
                              Microwave use: stand the mould directly in the oven or on the turntable
                              Freezing: can go straight from freezer to microwave or oven for defrosting or heating.
                              Caution: Do not use mould over direct heat
                              Do not place on a hot plate or gas ring or under a grill
                              Do not use sharp metal objects to cut or remove food from the mould - use nylon or plastic tools
                              Do not use harsh steel wool, scouring pads or abrasive cleaners.

I've bought one and will be cooking yorkies this evening - will keep you posted!

Comment

Aga. Top Banana!

Headfry, I learned to cook on an Aga and so promised myself one of my very own one day, but, couldn't 'stretch' to that when we moved here, so went for a Raeburn instead! I use my silicone muffin trays on the top shelf, and as Hazel points out, heat-wise, they're almost indistructable, so go for it!....

Hazel, just how can you justify eating a Yorkshire Pud, and not a Rhubarb wotsit in terms of the bikini leading up to your holiday jolly?! Naughty girl!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X