Rice crispy cake....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice crispy cake....

Anyone got a really great rice crispy cake recipe please?

Can dig out mine but its EVER so naughty?
    Tammy x x x x
    Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

Hi Tammy, cake has been made and given! thanks and yes please, I would love your recipe if you can find it. got the munchies for rice crispy cake now

It was Mr HF's 50th on Saturday (21st)

I had bought him a bit of a posh pressie - and said that "as gifty cost lots of pennies, I'm sorry but your birthday meal out would have to be cheaper than normal restaurant", he said 'don't worry rice crispy cake and dairy Lea triangles would be fine' so that's what he got!!!

After going to Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons.......which was FANTASTIC!!!!

I have been saving for his birthday for simply ages..... Happy Mrs Headfry and a very, very happy Mr Headfry.
      I was naughty - so many 'fibs'
      Clothing - I told him jeans would be fine and to fill car with petrol, I would drive.
      Come the time to get ready, I had hung his suit and shirt on wardrobe and got his shoes ready - he was confused (I had it all cleaned pressed and ready a few days before!) When we were about to leave I locked the back door and said we would not need the car keys - he was even more confused by this. Went out front door to waiting chauffeur driven car!
      So many fibs - don't think I will be going to heaven

ps even managed to make rice cripsy cake without him fully knowing. I had done this Friday evening and tied the fridge door up saying "you are not allowed in there"!
      Whilst being driven to restaurant he said 'so the fridge thing was just to confuse me then?'......"yes of course it was" I said
      - well, actually NO it wasn't, as his birthday cake was in there along with the dairy lea triangles lol poor, poor Mr HF!

Comment

Naughty Naughty - wish you were my wife!
        http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

This was taken from a packet of cooking chocolate years ago....

Krispie Squares
          makes 16

4oz (125g) hard marg or butter
          1tbsp (15ml) golden syrup
          1tbsp (15ml) cocoa powder
          4oz (125g) Rice Krispies
          2oz (50g) chopped glace cherries (optional really I supose - I have used sultanas for a healthy twist)
          300g pack Milk Choc covering - melt over water or according to instructions

1. Melt fat and syrup gently in a saucepan
          2. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder
          3. Add Rice Krispies and cherries - stir well
          4. Press mixture into baking tin and pour over the melted chocolate (I have mixed this before putting in the tin and it works just as well
          5. Leave to cool, then chill in fridge until set
          6. Cut into 16 squares or just scoff the lot LOL
          7. Leftovers (yeah right!) are best stored in the fridge for extra yumminess

ENJOY!!!!

xxxx
          Tammy x x x x
          Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

mmmmm, sounds yummy! going to give that a try.
            Many thanks Tammy

Scoff the lot I think....no time for cutting into squares lol

Comment

Cor, that does sound nice!

I'd eat it as soon as it was combined

Having that that, melting snickers or similar is nice too - but that recipe is being emailed home to the mrs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X