Tuna Fish Cakes.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuna Fish Cakes.

I've made these for my lunch today. I've also made extra for the freezer...better than shop bought (I used tuna in spring water).

Tuna Fish Cakes.

For the fish cake.

1 Tin of tuna (185g drained)
    1 Large potato.
    Snipped chives & parsley.
    Salt & pepper to taste.

For Coating.

A little flour.
    1 Egg.
    Bread crumbs.

1. Peel & boil your potato, add butter & mash, let it cool.
    2. In a large bowl add drained tuna, cold potato mix, chopped chives & parsley, salt & pepper to taste then mix together.
    3. Divide mixture your into 4. Make into fish cake shape patties.
    4. Place some flour onto a plate.
    5. Crack your egg into a bowl and whisk. Put your breadcrumbs into another bowl.
    6. Dip your fish cake into the flour, then the whisked egg then coat in your breadcrumbs. Repeat this with all your fish cakes.
    7. Shallow fry until golden brown. ENJOY . xx

P.S...For a little kick , why not add a little very finely chopped red chilli to the tuna mix.
    Last edited by ginger ninger; 28-03-2011, 04:37 PM.

Fab recipe!!
    I have made versions of this since my eldest kids were little....and tuna pie too - which is like shepherds pie but with tuna and condensed mushroom soup at the bottom -a popular choice with kids

Comment

Thats dinner sorted for Wednesday numpty mode.. I understand normal frying & deep fat frying,but confused with how to shallow fry
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
        Thats dinner sorted for Wednesday numpty mode.. I understand normal frying & deep fat frying,but confused with how to shallow fry
        O Bless, shallow frying is like when you fry an egg. Hope this clear's that up for you . xx

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
          O Bless, shallow frying is like when you fry an egg. Hope this clear's that up for you . xx
          Yep,cheers Will give them a try
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Just discovered this recipe recently, we love it! I bake the potato in the microwave and scoop out the middle for mash which is nice and quick and I bind the tuna and potato together with tartare sauce which is lovely.
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X