Water from cooking ham?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Same as Rhona. Use it in a double batch of risotto ( using some of the Ham as well), then use the leftover to make arancini. Take a golf ball size of the cold rice with wet hands, insert thumb to make a well and then add a mix of peas and mozzarella, about a teaspoon is fine. Reform the rice around the filling to finish with a ball of rice again. Dip in egg and then in breadcrumb and deep fry until golden.

So delicious that you will never make a single batch of risotto again!

Dave
    Fantasy reminds us that the soul is sane but the universe is wild and full of marvels

http://thefrontyardblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I watched Gordon Ramsay cook a piece of gammon on his Xmas dinner program - he boiled it first with carrot and celery and onion and then used the stock for soup, so I did the same to make my minestrone-ish soup ... it was fantastic! I have since bought a ham hock just to get the stock .... it was not too salty ... it was luvverly! Go for it!

Comment

i always use the stock for lentil and vegetable soup and keep some of the ham to chop through it. if you add some potatoes then they shoud absorb some of the salt as you normally need to salt them quite a bit when you boil them.
        May the road rise to meet you,
        May the wind be always at your back,
        May the sun shine warm upon your face,
        The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
        Until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X