Tomato Sauce

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato Sauce

I want to make some sauces to use with pasta. I have the following and want to freeze it

Courgette's
    Onions
    Garlic
    and will have to buy tom's
    Anything else I need
    How do I make it.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

I usually just roast everything together with some herbs (especially rosemary) and freeze it in portions till I know what I want to do with it.
    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

My favourite is tomatoes, garlic, & onion, drizzled with olive oil and baked in the oven. When cool I blitz in the food processor. Can be used in all sorts of dishes. Fraid basic ingredient is tomatoes.

Comment

We do a stovetop method, basically add some olive oil to a pan and heat it, then fry onions, courgettes and garlic (quantities to suit you) until they are just cooked (leave some bite or crunch to them), then add as much fresh tomatoes as you like (chop roughly) and simmer to reduce. You can add any gluts of other veg (thinly sliced cabbage works well) to bulk it up, plus some basil and black pepper, then when its reduced to the consistency you want, cool, bag it up and freeze! Makes a great base for all types of pasta dishes or curries!

We usually do about 40 1 1/2lb bags, freezing them inside plastic boxes, then removing them to stack neatly in the freezer (then can reuse the boxes to freeze next batch in!), which sees us though until next years tomatoes are ready to use!

HTH
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X