storing strawberries?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storing strawberries?

i have a problem! i want to make strawberry jam, but my straws arent all coming ready at the same time - obviously!

so how does everyone store them till they have enough to make jam? (i'm wondering if freezing them will produce too high a water content?)

thanks

I freeze mine,and rasps and rhubarb,I just find I need to boil them a bit longer to get rid of the excess water,never seems to be that much though

Comment

thanks carol - i kind of figured that would be the only way but just wanted to check with someone else first!

Comment

O help yours will all go wrong now and it will be my fault

Comment

Freezing is the only way you will be able to keep them fresh till you have enough for your jam.

Comment

Mine are going mental this year and am eating them till they come out our ears which is lovely. However will be freezing a load mid week as we're going away and have not got time to make the jam before I go. Over the weekend we picked 5.5 large punnets and there are loads more to come

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X