No announcement yet.

What did you eat today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, given that I forgot to look at my mushrooms growing under the kitchen units for a couple of days, we took a photo for the blog that I'm enjoying so much(!) and then cut all of the mushrooms, most of which will give us an addition to a lovely cooked breakfast on Saturday....
    Before that, tonight, I cooked the smaller ones, chopped in with a few shallots and garlic (all home-grown) with a chicken breast and eeny-weeny-roast potatoes with a sherry and home-made wholegrain mustard sauce.
    It seemed to be 'passable' as far as Trousers was concerned....!

Comment

we have not had dinner yet, tummy rumbling big style as wellie is making homemade thai chilli fishcakes, with home made sweet chilli sauce,all things in it from the garden are french beans, coriander,and chilli (fish cakes) and garlic, chillies,and coriander(chilli sauce) these are going to be served with frozen crinkle cut chips, washed down with redwine, cant wait.

Comment

Hey Trousers hows about posting your home made sweet chilli sauce?! got a thai chilli sauce somewhere will dig it out

Comment

Biscombe, I can wake him if you'd like me to, but honestly, he wouldn't know the recipe of the sweet chilli sauce if it bit him on the bum, because I made it....! He was just 'dribbling' graciously, and I'll dig out the recipe for you this week, but really, don't hold your breath, it's not out of the ordinary or anything. PM me if I forget?

Comment

Cheers Wellie XXXX I'll post the thai one too

Comment

Cabbage, cabbage and cabbage. Our spring cabbages have 'hearted', so on Friday I made coleslaw with 1.2 cox apple, 1 onion, 1 carrot and homegrown cabbage heart. I small spoon of mayo and it tasted lovely with a jacket potato.

Today I'm going to try making cabbage bhajee. Fry a chopped onion and some garlic with a tsp of turneric, take out the middle of cabbage leaves and chop them fine, then sautee it all in a knob of butter. See if it turns out anything like the spinach.

Comment

Nothing so far! Tummy rumbling like mad, but going to nieces 3rd birthday party this pm which has nibbles and food.......going to make sure I'm first in the queue! Bernie aka Dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Cracked open a bottle of our blackberry wine!
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

U r my kind of man! Good on ya! Bernie aka Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

tonight wellie will mostly be making risotto with chicken breasts, home grown leeks, garlic, chives, sorrel, lemon thyme, sweet marjoram, chervil, curly parsley, and rocket all just picked. cant be bad! lucky paulie as i can watch the footie with dinner in a bowl and a nice glass or two of red wine,wellie is going to be seed sowing half hardy annuals in the conservatory,dont you just love her!!

Comment

Savoy cabbage and purple sprouting broccoli all home grown
                        Belgrave-allotments.co.uk

Comment

KFC Love it just once in a while.
                          The law will hang the man or woman
                          Who steals the goose from off the common
                          But lets the greater thief go loose
                          Who steals the common from the goose
                          http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

5lbs of Charlotte and Rocket spuds found in the final dig for the next rotation!!
                            For those in France./Belgium..... cooked in Vegetaline!!!! ( coconut oil!! yum yum)
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Coconut oil? eek! Totally saturated fat, non?

We had PSBroccoli, leafbeet and broad bean dip (from the freezer) with pasta. Had to buy the pasta, I tried growing it on trees, but no go
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yesterday I was soooo excited to find new potatoes in the greenhouse border! I think what happened was that my 'Christmas' new potatoes got frosted and in haste I simply chucked the 'spent' compost in the greenhouse.
                                So, for dinner this evening we had garlic-fried hoki fillets with new potatoes (MINE!), French beans (from the freezer, but originally from our garden) and parsley sauce (parsley from the garden). It was delish!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X