No announcement yet.

What did you eat today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had Allotment Curry tonight...our own onions, garlic, shallots, peas (freezered) and dried beans, mixed with Lidl's half price veg...mushrooms and sweet potato (took cuttings to grow on)
    The Chives are taking over...had them raw with Purple Sprouting on the lottie this afternoon. Parsley too.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Herby tomato and and potato soup madi in the autumn from my homegrown tomatoes, potatoes, harlic, onions and herbs for lunch. For dinner tonight we had a vegetable stirfry, onions and garlic from the store and frozen peppers, chiles, preas, green beans and brocolli from my summer crop. Celery from the supermarket because I cannot get it to grow.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Stir fried rainbow chard with leeks as our veg last night
        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

This morning I had porridge... local milk mind you!

But - With the addition of some of my homemade Apple and Blackberry Jam

Yum!

Comment

picked some spring onions from the lottie to add to my salad tonight. Delicious they were too.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              No, you gotta post what you ate that you grew yerself!

I had chives, winter lettuce, spring onions, leeks and leafbeet: all stir fried in some black bean sauce. I took a photo of them all first
              Very, very well done.

I had fish and chips.
              The law will hang the man or woman
              Who steals the goose from off the common
              But lets the greater thief go loose
              Who steals the common from the goose
              http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                Very, very well done.

I had fish and chips.
                Where the chips from your own spuds?

Had the last of some tomato and chilli chutney I made with the tail end greenhouse crop last summer with some fish cakes tonight - thought I'd made far too much but obviously will have to make more this year!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

That stir fry I made with spring onions...they weren't onions, cos I just now found them still on the plot. What I actually dug up and cooked were immature garlic plants! Interesting flavour, if a little tough
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We had our first home-made and home grown produce yesterday, a rhubarb crumble to follow our tea!

Rhubarb was sweet, delicately flavoured and reminiscant of champagne, absolutely gorgeous, especially with a decent helping of custard too!

First produce out of the plot that we've had this year, delish!!
                    Blessings
                    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                      We had our first home-made and home grown produce yesterday, a rhubarb crumble to follow our tea!

Rhubarb was sweet, delicately flavoured and reminiscant of champagne, absolutely gorgeous, especially with a decent helping of custard too!

Well played, Mrs D - although I confess that I was a day or two in front of you - although I didn't appreciate it as I don't go for rhubarb (YUK!). Pulled 3 off 10" stems for mum on Sat, which she reported as being 'very nice, but rather a small portion' - ungrateful so-and-so!

Feels a bit special to go home with an 'I GREW THAT' smirk on you visog, doesn't it!
                      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 17-03-2007, 03:30 AM. Reason: typo!

Comment

Well it was yesterday actually, Potatoes from store, shallots, tomatoes from the freezer, purple sprouting broccoli with Liver. Given that I can buy a whole liver for about 3 yes 3 euros, which will fees us 6 times, with the scraggy bits for the cats, not was it only a very cheap meal but delish Followed by rhubarb from the garden. CK had never tasted forced rhubarb before and came back for seconds. As he doesn't like 'healthy' things it must have been good
                        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post

Not sure, but aren't one of the rhubarb varieties called 'champagne'??? Very apt if so!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I'd better get a move on with the load I've still got in the freezer!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Home made pizza with real yeast dough and red onions and organic cheddar.
                              The law will hang the man or woman
                              Who steals the goose from off the common
                              But lets the greater thief go loose
                              Who steals the common from the goose
                              http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another Rhubarb Crumble is being prepared as I type, Mr D is peeling / washing the rhubarb, whilst humming the Rhubarb and Custard theme tune, and crumble is in the magimix, oven on and just waiting for him to finish the peeling before I can stew it and then its custard and crumble! Mmmmm!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X