Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with fresh garlic

Hello

I bought a garlic bulb at waitrose yesterday that was fresh/green? I haven't seen them before as I haven't grown my own garlic and thought they were worth a try.

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do with it? I assume I can use it the same as the dried ones but is there something nice to do with them to get the best out of it being fresh?

Thanks
    Helen

I love wet/green garlic. You're totally correct - can be used the same, but it is nice to really enjoy the mellower flavour.

From my own use, the following spring to mind;

It makes lovely pesto and garlic bread.
    It's wonderful with fresh mussels, open them in a glaze of garlic/butter/parsley/white white.
    Stuffed into peppers with tomatoes, anchovies, basil and olive oil, then baked.

I'm sure loads more will come to mind...I must get to Waitrose this week!
    I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Thanks Rhona

I was thinking something down those lines myself... something summery

FYI I found the garlic where they had the special recipe ingredients, didn't see it in the normal veggie place.

Comment

I seem to remember something on River Cottage about it, will look it up and post here if I find it

Comment

I've been growing garlic since the autumn waiting for the moment so i can try some wet.

Is it ready to be pulled yet??? How will i know. Shall i just pull one up............ and go for it.

I think you can roast them off and eat them whole bit like a whole roast onion. Sure Nigel Slater has something to say about them. A mellower falvour than dried.
          Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
          www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X