No announcement yet.

What's your favourite Sunday lunch?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever roastable I've got (as long as it isn't the same as last week) accompanied by roast spuds, roast parsnips and broccoli or green beans (depending on time of year).
    We eat our Sunday Roast in the evening, same as the main meal every other day.
    We have found a place that sometimes sells goat or mutton, which are rare treats (too expensive to have often), but otherwise, pork, beef or FR poultry are all very acceptable.
    I don't often eat lamb, mutton has more flavour!
    I have eaten horse meat (a neighbour used to breed Shetland ponies and the colts which were not up to his standards went in his freezer at 2 or 3 years old, we were given a roasting bit) and very tasty it was too.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I just don't "get" roast beef - except maybe for the occasion I had it at The Ivy.

I'd opt for chicken if given the choice, lamb has to be reallllly slow roasted for me. Pork is lovely, but eegads it makes a mess of your oven!

For me, I think the best part of a good Sunday roast is having everyone sat round the table enjoying food you've cooked.

Sunday roast is probably what were best known for in our circle of friends/family - that and barbecues.

Oh, and Christmas dinner.

and parties...
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Aperitif: gin and tonic.

Then another.

Then cream of mushroom soup washed down with any white wine.

Then Aldi three birds in one with sprouts, roasties, parsnips, peas and gravy and more white wine - or even ChateauNeuf du Pape..

Then a rest.

Then any syrup sponge puddng with custard and ice cream and cream washed down with sweet white wine..

Then another rest.

Then coffe and a sweet biscuit.

Then a long sleep on the sofa.
        Last edited by Madasafish; 18-02-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Wow!

Just goes to show that we all have food we love, dislike and go to sleep on..zzzzzz!

can't say turkey or horse meat does it for me but c'est le vie...each to their own, eh?

Comment

Dib dib dib, dob dob

Roast beef and trimmings, (aka yorkshires, roast parsnips, cheesy leeks, etc)
            Roast chicken and trimmings (aka sausage/bacon rolls, stuffing, bread sauce)
            Roast pork a la boulangere (plus S&O stuffing, apple sauce, cheesy leeks)
            Roast lamb and trimmings
            Duck a l'orange

I'd best stop.

Blindfold and pin would be the best method of choosing.

valmarg

Comment

Until last year I used to run a small school farm where I kept amongst other things dexter cattle & southdown sheep. The lamb was really great but a roast fore rib of dexter beef was something to die for.

Comment

Originally posted by flighty1 View Post
                but a roast fore rib of dexter beef was something to die for.
                Especially where the cow's concerned.
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I just discovered something a couple of weeks ago that at my current age of 21 and a bit I never dreamed I would like. We have always been 'beef snobs' a joint of rib or rump that, when you cut into it, the blood not only follows the knife, it goes before it. A couple of weeks ago my eldest and his wife were staying and offered to buy and cook Sunday dinner. Now as the cook in our house that seemed pretty good to me but buy it as well? My favourite.

They did pot-roasted brisket. Not as cheap as it sounds 'cos it was cooked with a large glug of the red with, garlic, onion, bay, thyme and black peppercorns. Cooked for about 5 hours. Lady S. and I were horrified. But we're converted. All the trimmings with it and you could cut the meat with your fork. Not the same flavour at all as a usual joint but we both loved it.
                  Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                  >
                  >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I do love brisket slow roasted with Yorkies BUT Roast leg of lamb with garlic and rosemary, minted gravy, roasties, snips, and veggies is my fave..
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Any or all of the above ta! (Apart from the roast joint of Shetland Pony.)

I'm with Flummery on the Mint sauce though - YEEUUCCH! Glad I'm not the only one!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X