Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had to share.

Hi all

Ive just made a cottage pie with leftover bits and bobs from a sunday roast as well as some fresh mince. There I was mashing my spuds peering into my fridge for some more butter when I saw a packet of boursin. Thought in for a penny etc etc so bunged it in my mash. OMG it is complete heaven, very very naughty, but boy it tastes good.
    I'm sure you clever grapes out there have used it like this before,but if you haven't.....you gotta try it !!

Better than butter (protein, not all fat, etc) and sounds yummy!
    I sometimes top cottage pie with Clapshot (mashed mix of swede and potato, seasoned with plenty of black pepper, and if wanted, a dash of tabasco).
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I put all sorts of things into mash - you can't get a bad mash (unless you use chocolate!) I've used boursin before and humous - various flavours. Yoghurt (plain, not fruit of course) and anything cheesy. It really makes a difference when the mash is a topping for cottage (or fish) pie.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Philadelphia or similar added to mash is yummy too :-)

Comment

I often add a little Boursin to the spag bol just at the end on cooking the sauce it just gives it a richer taste. Even crumble some onto top of Pizzas

Comment

Well my cottage pie went down a treat, even the most pickiest of my boys loved it. The only prob is I'm far more of a filling you up cook and made a pie so big, I have got 3 almost teenage boys plus hubbie to feed, that all these fat programmes gurus would have had an absolute heart attack over. I just figure when youre cold and its good wholesome food plus veggies then its a lot better than a measly portion and picking all night. Anyway boursin will now be a regular cooking friend.

Comment

Originally posted by newbieveggie View Post
              Well my cottage pie went down a treat, even the most pickiest of my boys loved it. The only prob is I'm far more of a filling you up cook and made a pie so big, I have got 3 almost teenage boys plus hubbie to feed, that all these fat programmes gurus would have had an absolute heart attack over. I just figure when youre cold and its good wholesome food plus veggies then its a lot better than a measly portion and picking all night. Anyway boursin will now be a regular cooking friend.
              Agree whole heartedly. Don't let the food police stop you enjoying good food!
              Last edited by COMPOST CORNER; 19-01-2010, 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X