Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickest way to make

Breadcrumbs ?
    Do I just whizz up any old bread in the food processor and then how about drying them ?
    Thanks in advance everyone,
    JJ
    The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Stale bread, crumbed.

Keep some in the freezer if you use it regular like
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I lay slices of bread on the racks in the oven and put on a very low heat until dry then bash and roll with a rolling pin...
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I crumb up the leftover crusts and freeze them if I have too many and don't tend to put them in the oven mostly because I forget they are there and then burn them.

Comment

If you've already whizzed it, just spread it out on a baking tray and place in a warm (not hot) oven with the door slightly open. Ten minutes or so should do it - it'll warm the room at the same time!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm making some tonight as we're having homemade burgers with home baked burger buns (smells lovely in kitchen).

I just keep the ends of a couple of loaves, whiz through the food processor then freeze really quickly in freezer bags, squeezing out all the air.

I never dry them to be honest, and I don't defrost before using. Just crumble what I need into what I'm doing.

I usually make sunflower or walnut bread, so the breadcrumbs are also extra nice (well, if you like sunflower seeds or walnuts).
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Don't put them under the grill then turn your back the very soon go black as I found out
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Like rhona i don't tend to dry them either, just blitz and freeze. had some left over gone hard garlic bread which worked a treat, make sure you label it garlic breadcrumbs though!
                http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

It's never occurred to me until I've read this thread that I might need to dry them! I simply crumb any spare bread ends in my spice grinder (it's small but I'm usually only doing a small amount) and shove it straight into the freezer then use straight from frozen without any problems. Use the crusts etc too as I prefer a proper texture even though some recipes insist on you only using the middle bits of white (never eat the stuff) bread.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks everyone, I just put the end of the baguettes in and crumbed them. I chickened out of drying them though and just put them in the freezer. I will mash up the leftover vegetables and potatoes from tomorrows roast dinner and make bubble and squeak in breadcrumbs for monday tea !
                    The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

I freeze my ends of loaves in slices too.
                      They make good toast and croutons. If I want breadcrumbs I'll blitz them as I need them from crusts- and any spare goes in the freezer.
                      I've never toasted mine either!!
                      French bread only stays fresh for half a day so that usually ends up frozen as well as homemade bread. It breadcrumbs nice and fine too!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X