Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• left over wine

OK I know it doesn't often happen, but :-

Don't tip that last dribble of wine down the sink - pour it into an ice-cube tray and freeze it for later use in cookery.
    White wine that has already soured can be added to vinegar and used as a tasty marinade for meat.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
    Don't tip that last dribble of wine down the sink
    Do people really do that
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

An excellent tip!
      (I've started ice cubing left over gravy too !!!)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Don't tip that last dribble of wine down the sink - pour it into an ice-cube tray and freeze it for later use in cookery.
        Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        Do people really do that
        i'm with you Piskie, whats leftover wine?????
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

The little dribble at the end of the bottle, goes straight in to my glass! And I have been know to swig that bit from the bottle...

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
            ....And I have been know to swig that bit from the bottle...
            I forsee jolly japes at Grapestock
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

'Scuse me - what's left over wine?
              Sorry - Hans Mum - didn't mean to echo - posted before reading each reply! I was once shown the old trick of laying the bottle down on its side for a few minutes to collect the last dribble!
              Last edited by Jeanied; 12-01-2010, 10:06 AM.
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

No...struggling with the concept of left over wine here too. Sorry.

I also struggle with the idea of left over mashed potato, as I don't believe that you can ever get full on mashed potato - there's always a little more room.
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I know, I did start with ' I know it doesnt happen often ...'

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I find it happens most after parties. We call them "Beer Crimes"; when you're clearing up and you find open cans 3/4 full of stale beer.
                    Any wine goes into the gravy culture, bolognese or freezer.
                    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                    Snadger - Director of Poetry
                    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Leftover whine is what you do when you have run out of wine.

Comment

I know, I did start with ' I know it doesnt happen often ...'
                        You know your audience well...

It is a very good and practical tip, just not many of us capable of employing it, it seems!
                        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                          .... just not many of us capable of employing it, it seems!
                          ..except...

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                          ...Any wine goes into the gravy culture, bolognese or freezer.
                          ...this chap
                          aka
                          Suzie

Comment

Ok I'm going to upset a few people now.

My brothers partner used to work for a now non-existent airline who flew passengers across the Atlantic and to Dubai "business" class.

Before each flight the cabin crew had to open several bottles of wine (half decent stuff too so I'm informed) prior to passengers boarding the plane in order that the wine could breathe and so on.

If, when they reached their destination the opened wine had not been consumed they (the cabin crew) had to throw the wine down the pan. Literally.

As I say, the airline is now unfortunately no longer operating. One wonders how much the waste wine had to do with their downfall...
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hmm..I know about this...and just before they landed the boozed up local men 'gowned up'
                              ( I understood Vodka was a drink of choice so it couldn't be detected )
                              Last edited by Nicos; 12-01-2010, 05:55 PM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X