Pork cooked in Coca Cola

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork cooked in Coca Cola

I've found a couple of recipes on the internet, but wondered if any grapes have a tried-and-tested recipe they'd recommend.

I've got a 1.2Kg pork shoulder joint and plenty of cola.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Had carrots cooked in Lemonade at Crimbo - weird! but tasty.

I think my MIL has done sommat like it before - twas tasty too!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Nigella does a gammon in coca cola - Seahorse came up with the recipe a couple of years ago for my mum. hang on, there should be a link round here somewhere....

Comment

Yep my sis tried Nigella's ham cooked in coca cola a couple of years ago - she raved about it and keeps trying to get me to do it. I've never got around to it yet!
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

We do Nigella's ham quite often in fact we have probably drifted away from her recipe as we just add the spices that we like to the coke, I like lots of star anise in it.
          well worth a try.

Comment

Oooh, yes, we love 'Ham in...' recipes here!

Here is the link to Nigella's recipes:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...m-recipes.html

My fave is ham in cherry cola with cherry conserve as a glaze. We had it on Christmas Eve and I cooked plenty for sandwiches and soup afterwards... or thought I did
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

cocacola chicken, mutton chops, any meat you would put on a barby cooked in an oven tary with coke poured over it! tenderises the meat too
              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

I remember my son and his pal cooking something in coca cola at his pals restaurant. I thought they were just messing about until I learned it was a bona fida recipe. Can't remember what it was though!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yeah I use Nigella's.

2 litre bottle of coke
                  1 onion (halved)
                  Put these on top of your ham joint.
                  Cook as per instructions on packet but think it is 1 hour for every kg.
                  Bring to boil and then cover and simmer.

Delicious with roasted carrots, parsnips, mash potato and yorkshires
                  Act - Sing - Perform!
                  Theatre Cats

Comment

We've done this - it's an American thing. If it tenderises meat, just think what it does to your teeth & stomach Coke with an extra couple of tablespoons of molasses is good too. I usually take the skin off my gammon before tying it together with string, saves glazing it after cooking.

I've also got cake recipes for chocolate cake made with Coke and a white sponge cake made with 7Up. It makes a very fine textured sponge cake.

Jules
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                      We've done this - it's an American thing. If it tenderises meat, just think what it does to your teeth & stomach
                      Jules
                      My Dad uses coca cola to clean gold and silver jewellery - honest. It works really well too, but it makes you never want to drink it again!

Comment

Use it as a degreasing station for car parts etc. Works a treat
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Coca Cola...Yuk, if you want to know what it dose to meat, put a small uncooked piece of meat in some coca cola......it turns it BLACK , terrible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                            Coca Cola...Yuk, if you want to know what it dose to meat...
                            ...look here

Coke doesn't stay in your stomach for two days though
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
                              Coca Cola...Yuk, if you want to know what it dose to meat, put a small uncooked piece of meat in some coca cola......it turns it BLACK , terrible stuff.
                              Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                              ...look here

Coke doesn't stay in your stomach for two days though
                              And the acid in your stomach is far stronger than anything used by soft drink manufacturers. Cola is no worse than grapefruit juice IMO.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X